Made The Decision!

Well, those of you who read my dilemma in the ‘passed c+e’ post will no doubt be pleased (if u care lol) that I picked a job…really I was swayed by whoever it was who pointed out that the minimarket delivery jobs would involve reversing a 40 foot trailer into a Transit sized space, so I have plumped for the Container Job.

Start on Monday with a couple of days with an established driver to learn the ropes (where to go, paperwork etcetc) then on my jack jones by the end of the week! Although i forgot to ask about holiday/sick pay, I had the choice of days or nights, and have gone for days - £320 takehome paid weekly, and saturdays/sundays optional at £9ph/£12ph respectively. Obviously the tacho will dictate I guess if I can take advantage of the weekends from time to time or not!

Wish me luck!!

Si

:laughing:

Good Luck Si :smiley:

Take your time, if in doubt, ASK - either another driver on your travels, or on here at the weekend. :wink:

Graham.

CBR who are you on for ? Does that figure include nights outs or not? If not how much are you getting nights out at? If it doesn’t include nights out, it’s not a half bad wage for a newbie, depening on your locale.

CBR good luck in your new job, but dont be under the impression that because you are hauling containers that you wont be putting them into transit sized places cos you have a shock coming if thats what you think.
Some of those places that order them aint very big.

Oh yess… You’ll see on the paperwork x International Logistics or something important sounding, expecting it to be a big RDC type 3 million acre warehouse, but then you find it’s a poxy portacabin for an office with delivery access down some narrow double-parked one-way street in a town suburb with a blindside reverse and traffic coming at you from all directions whilst you attempt it!

You’ve got it ALLLLLLLL to come!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

rob k - thats 5 day not nights, nights is a flat rate £380 a week inc. 2 or 3 nights out. its a flat rate for all drivers, newbie or old hand - tho i imagine i’ll get the hand me down bike truck :s

Its pulling for a firm called MDM here in scunny, Cobelfret and Seawheel containers afaik, mainly from Immingham port or killingholme to Heinz warehouse in Wigan (so almost coast to coast each day) or somewhere in cheshire somewhere or another middlewhich i think.