Well i got agency work

ive been driving 7.5 tonne for agency over the last week but yes you guest it ■■■■■■■ sofas upstairs god its hard , but got used to using tacho and stuff so thats good , this agnecy are ring me all the time but still not class 2 yet , but he said it will come so we keep plugging !!! :smiley: , im enjoying the work though . hope everyone has a very merry xmas … :smiley:

hi mate

I did 1 job for an agency and it turned out to be removals, got through the day and called the agency right away and said never again, i paid alot of money to do my licence…TO DRIVE… not to be a porter. Never got a removals job since. But still, if it gives you a bit of driving experiance then keep plugging away pal.
If you havent already, register with more than 1 agency, youll get a wider variety of work offered to you and therefore you can be a bit more choosey as to what jobs you take on.

I get a mixture of class 2 and 7.5, but only take 7.5 if desperate. Hope it goes well mate

Safe driving
Ben

im from glasgow ben and the agency up here are really bad for 2 years experience thing the only one thatwould take me is the one im with now !! :blush:

Good on ya in getting some work Craigie. What agency are you on with? :slight_smile:

Well done Craig! If you haven’t already then sign with DriverHire mate.

I did a job through an agency with Nightfreight (or Sh!tefreight as it’s known) where two of us took a sofa up three flights of stairs to a pakistani gentleman. When we set it up in his living room he said “I don’t want it, take it away”. I simply told the other guy that I wasn’t taking it anywhere and he’d need to bring a Nightfrieght employee back with him tomorrow. Much whinging off him but at £6.50 an hour I’m not breaking into a sweat twice in one day.

Hey mate that made me chuckle i wouldn’t b luggin things upstairs its just like the strongbow advert.

thank for all the replys guys … kitty kat im with blue arrow in the town , and sam miler tryed driver hire mate they dont want to know :smiley:

Thanks Craigie. Will keep that in mind for when I pass my CE. Got that booked for April. :slight_smile:

kittykat are you doing you c e with gtg again ■■ :smiley: have you done any class2 driving yet

try target recruitment ,nas recruitment,man power if you live in glasgow this guys have plenty of jobs in central belt mate.dont even try driver hire if you go to interwiew test and everything takes an hour and after all this they send you a letter sorry you werent succesfull.(min 1 year experience needed but why you are phoning me for interwiew you checked my cv and clearly says No expericence)made me angry… :angry:

I was same like you nobody gave me job every agency asking for 1 or 2 years experience and they offered me 7,5 ton job I said yes it would be great to start and 2 days later he phoned me are you ok for tomorrow I got job for you but its class 2 job not 7,5 ton thats me started like that Its been 8 9 weeks now.Its up to them basicly if they trust you they give you every kind of jobs.If you done some 7.5 ton jobs your so ready to ask them I want class 2 jobs I dont want 7,5 ton job please:)

good luck mate.

craigiej:
kittykat are you doing you c e with gtg again ■■ :smiley: have you done any class2 driving yet

Yes I am going GTG again. (It was JJ that took me out on assessment). I know the test routes and am familiar with the way they do things. I haven’t done any class 2 work yet as I have to do the Mod 4 and I can’t get time off till Jan to do it. The joys of having a crappy job lol. :smiley:

kitty kat is was jj that had me for the whole week he is very strict … how long do you need did he say :smiley:

thanks berk will try manpower , nas didnt want to know :blush:

craigiej:
kitty kat is was jj that had me for the whole week he is very strict … how long do you need did he say :smiley:

Oh god. He is strict? Eek! I would like to get Matt who taught me for C but don’t think I’ll be that lucky next time round. He said 7 days which I had for C and by the last two days I just felt that I wanted the test over with as there was nothing really left to cover. I know the reversing will take a lot of work though. He says my drivings fine, a bit rusty with the gears. I haven’t driven a truck since passing my test. :confused:

i loved the removals ,the tips were superb and if i thought i knew how very rich people lived i was fooling myself! like some dude"s houses /spreads/estates are simply out off it !Co. did a very famous guitarist"s spread in SURREY, hey ho chaps .next life i shall practice said instruement !!!re agencies>staff paid crap basic and bonus for every one working each day,usually 40 -50p per bod, some have 2 supply a quota off drivers 4 assesement ,hence u get mucked about, it is a minging job ,no doubt that ,i know ive tried it,basically ,believe nothing u are told ,and remember >if u done a shift <u are LEGALLY entitled to be paid if the agency is reticent re your wage , force the issue,dont listen to their phoney stories.they could be stalling cos next wk they aren"t gonna be there!