Finally Got some work!

agency.

Hi all, i haven’t posted in a while so i thought i would do a little diary!

Anyway i saw an ad for drivers the usual agency thing and was expecting the same old come see us and then never get any work so i go register with them. I get home an hour or so later and the guy calls and says hey i’ve got you class 2 work for tomorrow if you want it local company to you! Hell yes i do!

So this was last thursday 6am start. i get there and the guy says ok here are the keys and its a 18tonne Daf
first stop to pickup a full load local, i get to said company have fun trying to use curtains for the first time but get the hang of it! I try to leave but the parking brake is playing up and i cant get up the hill to leave the yard.
I realise as the day goes on that its taking about 5-10 seconds for it to release after disengaging?

Anyway next drop is to near Doncaster all goes well, the rest is a bit of a blur but i ended up finishing at about 8.30 knackered but chuffed to bits!

IMG_0379.JPG

Great news. It’s good to see so many getting regular work. A sure sign things are picking up.

Looks like they have a Driver Training program too looking on their website. You might be able to progress to C+E with them too.

The truck looks nice. I had fun learning the curtainsiders but soon got the hang of it.

Keep up the good work.

Dean

if thatwas the motor you were in mate, its a 26t daf that is

glad you enjoyed your day, onwards and upwards

Is the agency called JMD by any chance?

Brill news did u do just one day or have you been out all week truck looks good too glad u had a break onwards n upwards for yer now

Jenx

muzza:
Hi all, i haven’t posted in a while so i thought i would do a little diary!

Anyway i saw an ad for drivers the usual agency thing and was expecting the same old come see us and then never get any work so i go register with them. I get home an hour or so later and the guy calls and says hey i’ve got you class 2 work for tomorrow if you want it local company to you! Hell yes i do!

So this was last thursday 6am start. i get there and the guy says ok here are the keys and its a 18tonne Daf
first stop to pickup a full load local, i get to said company have fun trying to use curtains for the first time but get the hang of it! I try to leave but the parking brake is playing up and i cant get up the hill to leave the yard.
I realise as the day goes on that its taking about 5-10 seconds for it to release after disengaging?

Anyway next drop is to near Doncaster all goes well, the rest is a bit of a blur but i ended up finishing at about 8.30 knackered but chuffed to bits!

It’s a bit of a thing with DAFs.

Edit to add: You should book it off as one day it will be stuck on permanently and then it’s a bit inconvenient!

Hi all,

Well Jen it seems they were happy with me and asked me back again :smiley: so i worked yesterday for them and went to manchester with 2 drops then to Wakefield and back to Bradford to pick up a load for the next day and driving this merc which took a bit of getting used to with its gearbox i never used before! Anyway im working again tomorrow so looking forward to it!

Brilliant looks like u impressed so heres to regular work

good luck

Jen x

Nice one mate,seems like you’re having lots of fun,which helps. :wink:

axletramp:

No its with 365 drivers axle.

muzza:

axletramp:

No its with 365 drivers axle.

That’s interesting, because one of the McDowell clan set up their own agency a while back - hence JMD.

muzza:
Hi all,

Well Jen it seems they were happy with me and asked me back again :smiley: so i worked yesterday for them and went to manchester with 2 drops then to Wakefield and back to Bradford to pick up a load for the next day and driving this merc which took a bit of getting used to with its gearbox i never used before! Anyway im working again tomorrow so looking forward to it!

give them your phone no they will call direct