agency work

i’ve got my class 1 licence which i’ve had for about 8 years and not used it , i did do a couple of weeks of class 2 driving about 2 years ago, i would like to start driving but its unlikely i will be able to get a full time job with no experience so i was thinking of agency work (for class 2) problem is my wife works at weekends so the only day i would be free is a Monday, do you think it would be possible to get work for one day a week or would it be a long shot, i earn reasonable money at the moment so i don’t want to risk jacking my job in case i cant get the work. :smiley:

This time of year yes

After christmas doubtful

simon

I signed up with Driver Hire after being shown their advert for their Grangemouth office. It stated
" Not like a proper job, name your days, hours, shifts you want to work, and we will organise it"
I phoned them, but as I’m in Glasgow they put me on to that office and I’ve been working away every week for about 2 months. The money isn’t the highest but I have no compaints so far re. hours/ wages etc.
Good luck
Gordy

thank you, i may have to leave it till after the new year as i will have to get my missus to drop one of her shifts , i know that after xmas is not the best time for work but she is committed until then.

Just after x-mas is fine, its the middle of Feb before agency work really starts to dry up. There are x-mas holidays, extra work with shops restocking and returning unsold x-mas stock etc, to be covered. Then its the older hands on the agency who get offered what work comes in first. Eventually they get round to offering the work that no-one else wants, to the newbies. Even that is good experience, but not the easiest way to get it :open_mouth: :smiley: .

the problem i have is my missus will have to stop working on a Monday so that i can hopefully do some driving so she will loose a days pay every week , i don’t expect to get work every week, but what i’m worried about is if i don’t get any work at all and this would be the only day i will be able to drive.