Weight Limit Question

Got pulled into the office today,I was seen driving in a 7.5T zone ( in a 17 tonner ).
What punishment am I looking at ?..dosh or dosh and points :cry:

Make up an excuse for being there, looking for a drop etc and appeal.

I got reported about 8 years ago for a 17t in a 7.5 limit with accept for access.
Thing is I was looking for a drop and the industrial estate opposite me only had access using this road.
The drop ended up being on another road.
I appealed and sent the address of the drop I was looking for.
I didnā€™t get done as it was accepted I had to use that road looking for my tip.

depends i think on was it 7.5ton except for loading? or nothing over 7.5ton if it was except for loading you maybe able to contest it if you can prove you needed to go down it? I know i have to go through them all the time for farms and some tips. i think the norm is Ā£60 fine.

The problem is,Iā€™d been using this road on an almost daily basis for several weeks,until one of our other drivers got caught the same as me and warned me off.
Apparently,a local councillor lives in this road ( hence the weight limit :laughing: ),and it is his wifes full time job to sit there clocking villains like me :unamused: .I may have been grassed up several times,so I canā€™t use the ā€œlooking for a dropā€ excuse,Iā€™ll just have to take my punishment like a man :sunglasses:

steve07:
depends i think on was it 7.5ton except for loading? or nothing over 7.5ton if it was except for loading you maybe able to contest it if you can prove you needed to go down it? I know i have to go through them all the time for farms and some tips. i think the norm is Ā£60 fine.

Ā£30,ā– ā– ā– ā–  s, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

lawontheweb.co.uk/crimertocodesandpoints.htm
TS50 Failing to comply with traffic sign (excluding - stop -signs, traffic lights or double white lines)ā€¦ 3 points

According to the letter I got last year it could be a Ā£1000 fine but I think youā€™ll likely get a small fine or a slapped wrist. Next time theyā€™ll be gunning for you.

Have a good look and make sure its a puka weight limit.

I go through one nr Scunny often, the village in question has three ways in to its centre and the same three out! Now on two ways there is a limit sign but the way I always go there isnt, mind you 9 times out of 10 I do have a legit reason for being there!

Baggie:
Got pulled into the office today,I was seen driving in a 7.5T zone ( in a 17 tonner ).
What punishment am I looking at ?..dosh or dosh and points :cry:

Who seen you :question: was it someone offical or some village idiot who donā€™t like trucks. :question:

And what evidence have they to support this claim against you :question:

I got done about 8 yrs back whilst in a 11ton vehicle in a 1.5ton limit.Ā£20 was the fine from the traffic police.

When I got stopped in a 7.5 tonne wight limit in a 44 tonne truck about three years ago I was given a Fixed Penalty Notice of Ā£60 but no points.

Blame your SatNav tell them it would not give you a diversionary route so you were convinced your drop was in the zone.

I got done by the plod at Greenwich a few years ago, it was a Ā£30 fixed penalty. To be fair, I had seen the advance warning signs but was that busy concentrating on the nobbers around me, I forgot. Plod didnt take this and wrote the notice out.

I went to Tenbury on friday and saw these signs about a 7.5 limit at Holt Fleet. Right, where the hell is that?? I didnt know if it was on my route or off it. :laughing:, soon found out when I got there, so over the weak bridge I went. No choice as when I saw it, I was nearly on it. :laughing:

Came back up via Kidderminster to avoid it.

just give them an address in Poland.

simples.

kitkat:
Who seen you :question: was it someone offical or some village idiot who donā€™t like trucks. :question:

And what evidence have they to support this claim against you :question:

As I mentioned earlier,itā€™s probably Mrs Local Bigwig Councillorā€™s wife,itā€™s her mission in life to harrass the people who ā€œliterallyā€, in my case,provide her daily bread.I hope she chokes on one of my muffins :laughing:
As regards evidence,our TM said he might contest it on lack of proof,but to be fair,Iā€™m not too fussed,I took a chance and got screwed,thatā€™s life :unamused:Itā€™s the points that would bother me rather than the dosh,Ive got a clean ticket at the moment and Iā€™d like to keep it that way.

I would say that if all they have is ā€˜hearsayā€™ then just a warning.
If they have dated photo evidence then it is likely to be much more than a warning.

Its not a road in Sutton Coldfield is it? I got ā€œdoneā€ there a few years ago. Theres a height detector and whever something high goes past it takes a pic and informs the police. Apparently a local councillor lives on the road and has pulled a few strings to get unwary truckers fined. In my case the police couldnt decypher my numberplate as it was too dirty :laughing: but rang up the company to tell the boss that next time he wouldnt be so lucky!

I got stopped by traffic car in Essex last year for going through 7.5t limit in rigid, Annoying thing is i had tried getting in other ways but they had width limits etc Copper said it was a new limit as tippers were using it as shortcut and residents complained even went on to explain the way around as i was not local and then added "Its a stupid limit and its a long way around but never mind its only a Ā£30 fine and no points :unamused: "

Arenā€™t we supposed to innocent until proven guilty in this country? :confused:

Unless the plod have stopped you,or you were caught on camera,I would say contest it,as it is possible that the complainant has got the registration wrong,and even then,it is their word against yours.

Bloody do gooders get on my ā– ā– ā– ā– . :angry:

Ken

Lankytim:
Its not a road in Sutton Coldfield is it? I got ā€œdoneā€ there a few years ago. Theres a height detector and whever something high goes past it takes a pic and informs the police. Apparently a local councillor lives on the road and has pulled a few strings to get unwary truckers fined. In my case the police couldnt decypher my numberplate as it was too dirty :laughing: but rang up the company to tell the boss that next time he wouldnt be so lucky!

I thought those height detectors were for the low bridge warning signs. I regularly upset people in expensive cars in Sutton Coldfield going the back way from their to Walsall.

Passing a red banded circular sign you shouldnā€™t do is fine and points if I am not mistaken.

Also note you can get a triangle or a circle sign on approach to a low bridge. If itā€™s that scenario where you know fine well you can get under it but your height is an inch over the sign, and the sign happens to be a circle with the height in it then itā€™s 3 points thank-you very much. Iā€™m 99% sure on this