Weight Limit Question

Just read the OP again,and it says:

Baggie:
Got pulled into the office today,I was seen driving in a 7.5T zone ( in a 17 tonner ).

By whom?

Ken.

was the letter from the police? if so you can be summons to court, but they only do that if they have the evidence to support the summons

if it was from a village idiot just give them a wave next time lol

Local authority ( Shrewsbury ),I gather,my TM has phoned them asking for evidence,they will get “back to him” :wink:

Good one Baggie - you must be the first tnet member to admit to doing something wrong on here and not be crucified by the holier than thou brigade before the end of page one!!

Bilgepump:
Good one Baggie - you must be the first tnet member to admit to doing something wrong on here and not be crucified by the holier than thou brigade before the end of page one!!

Now that you mention it… :wink: :laughing:

limeyphil:
just give them an address in Poland.

simples.

Then, if they are smart, they will ask you for your Polish ID with your registered adress on it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve-o:
Passing a red banded circular sign you shouldn’t do is fine and points if I am not mistaken.

Also note you can get a triangle or a circle sign on approach to a low bridge. If it’s that scenario where you know fine well you can get under it but your height is an inch over the sign, and the sign happens to be a circle with the height in it then it’s 3 points thank-you very much. I’m 99% sure on this

I went past the detector on A52 at Bingham with a 14’8’’ trailer and was told to divert. The bridge in question is 15’3’’ so where do you stand there? As I was going on the A46 in the opposite direction it didn’t affect me on this occasion.

Just got a summons today for my “offence”,nearly 7 months after the event :open_mouth: ,case comes up in January,I’d heard that the wheels of justice turn slowly,but this is a ■■■■■■■■ :astonished:
Anyone got a contact number for Garrow :laughing: :laughing:

Baggie:
Just got a summons today for my “offence”,nearly 7 months after the event :open_mouth: ,case comes up in January,I’d heard that the wheels of justice turn slowly,but this is a ■■■■■■■■ :astonished:

Thought there was a six month time limit for a summons to be issued ?

Big Joe:

Baggie:

Thought there was a six month time limit for a summons to be issued ?

The information needs to be presented to the court within 6 months, so there can be a delay before you receive the summons yourself.

Some prat with nothing better to do reported me to our operations director via our company website and also threatened to take it to the local authority. It was a run i wasnt sure of and just explained that the map showed the industrial estate i was delivering to was along the road (through the other side of the weight limit). Never heard any more of it.

The authorities probably log any reports but are probably more interested in repeated offenders than one-offs

one of our drops is in claycross ,theres now a notice on our board saying there issuing £ 1000 fines for going through the 7.5 t limit,i cant visulise a 7.5t limit, go in from jct 29 of m1,through homewood and that way into claycross,i just cant remember one but as i havent been for a bit maybe there is one now, but defo says £1000 fine

waddy640:

Steve-o:
Passing a red banded circular sign you shouldn’t do is fine and points if I am not mistaken.

Also note you can get a triangle or a circle sign on approach to a low bridge. If it’s that scenario where you know fine well you can get under it but your height is an inch over the sign, and the sign happens to be a circle with the height in it then it’s 3 points thank-you very much. I’m 99% sure on this

I went past the detector on A52 at Bingham with a 14’8’’ trailer and was told to divert. The bridge in question is 15’3’’ so where do you stand there? As I was going on the A46 in the opposite direction it didn’t affect me on this occasion.

if your on about the detector just before r/o comming up from leicester then my 13 ft 6 trailer set that off a month or two ago, threw me for a minute i must admit , but soon realised it wasnt working right.
it must also be over 15 ft 3 as one of ours forgot he had the decker on and that went under , he remembered a few yards from bridge, in his words too late to do anything other that hold tight.
another one of ours did the same but bottled it , and reversed from the bridge back up the a46 to the r/o :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: in the pitch dark :unamused:

waddy640:
I went past the detector on A52 at Bingham with a 14’8’’ trailer and was told to divert. The bridge in question is 15’3’’ so where do you stand there?

The detector warning is not a legal restriction so if you know that you are safe and legal to go under - then go under :smiley:

ady1:
one of our drops is in claycross ,theres now a notice on our board saying there issuing £ 1000 fines for going through the 7.5 t limit,i cant visulise a 7.5t limit, go in from jct 29 of m1,through homewood and that way into claycross,i just cant remember one but as i havent been for a bit maybe there is one now, but defo says £1000 fine

Depends where you go once you get into Clay Cross. There are weight limits to stop you turning off most of the route you describe. Mostly to stop you going through the housing.

But the new road on the left after the railway bridge in the dip has now been finished, so you can now come in that way to Thanet St/Pilsley Rd.

dambuster:

ady1:

Depends where you go once you get into Clay Cross. There are weight limits to stop you turning off most of the route you describe. Mostly to stop you going through the housing.

But the new road on the left after the railway bridge in the dip has now been finished, so you can now come in that way to Thanet St/Pilsley Rd.

if i remember right, come from m1,turn into ind est on right straight after sommerfield supermarket

you can turn into estate earlier than right just after sommerfield but youve then got to mess about blindsiding,
i

Baggie:

Did your office receive the evidence they asked for? Ask again of course!

Sounds like it may be out of time,as others have said.