HELP ! Weight limit?

Hello all just got a letter through the post from north Yorkshire council with a couple of pictures attached of me driving through a 7.5t (except for access) has anyone been caught before what happend? I will of obviously been going to a delivery/collection … What’s the chances of me getting off with it and if I get a fine how much would I be looking at ■■ Cheers

Smoggie89:
Hello all just got a letter through the post from north Yorkshire council with a couple of pictures attached of me driving through a 7.5t (except for access) has anyone been caught before what happend? I will of obviously been going to a delivery/collection … What’s the chances of me getting off with it and if I get a fine how much would I be looking at ■■ Cheers

If you needed access then you’ve done nothing wrong, but you’ll need to dig out the paperwork etc with the address on allowing you into the restriction.

There is no mention of any fine on the paperwork I have , I’m a bit baffled as to why my company hasn’t mentioned anything to me as they will of knew about this a couple of weeks ago?? D1ckheads

If you can prove that your destination was within the restriction then you are not guilty of anything and should write to the council stating so, and enclosing any proof that you have available ie collection/delivery notes etc.
If your collection/delivery was on the other side of the restriction then plead guilty but with mitigating circumstances that you are unfamilar with the area and as the sign doesn’t state the distance the restriction extends to how is a driver who doesn’t know the area expected to know if his/her destination is within the restriction or just on the other side of it? These except for access signs do not supply adequate information to inform the driver. Lad at our place got fined 250 quid for same offence
Good Luck

250 bit steep isn’t it pffft money making schemes !! I’ll have to wait until Monday now to ask for the pod !! Bellends lol

I have been through 2 weight limits and just got a warning (both in different counties). The 2nd one was the only way to access the Road I wanted. The 1st was I admit wrong as I could of stayed in a 2hour traffic jam but instead choose to turn off. I just stated I had a timed delivery and the road was blocked jammed etc etc

it appears that you’ve had a warning letter.
just write back to them explaining that you were going to a delivery/collection.
you don’t have to prove it.
but there is a good reason for writing to them even though you havn’t been fined. If you go there again they will have you on record as a legitimate vehicle.

It would have been Trading Standards that have photoed you,we have them down at Bradford on Avon bridge for a 18 ton limit,they use volunteers to write number plates down,TS then give the details to DVLA,so far they have made 150 errors,it was documented in one of the truck mags.

Smoggie89:

Fairburn by any chance?

Yeh it does say trading standards , if anyone knows ther area it is just down the road from leeming bar ind est , coming from. Northallerton a684 towards bedale there is a mini roundabout , I took the left turn going towards Londonderry truck park ! Sounds like they not going to do anything then aslong as I get a copy of my pod ! Happy days lol

I have noticed the anti truck Nimbies have calmed down a bit,maybe they worked out they will not got what they ordered off the internet,and may have to collect their own stuff,i would frog march them with a wheel barrow to get their Plasma Tv and two ton sofa on a 30 mile hike,then moan about trucks trundling along the roads.