Weight limit help

Needing help and advice. I run 2 units both pulling 5 axle combitrailers (2 on the front part, 3 on the rear and only 4 on the ground when running together with the leading and trailing axle stearing and the other 2 not) my unit had 3 axles (6x2) so when pulling the trailler its a 3+4 combination plated for 44 tonne work (or can i carry more!!). i understand that (Lots of axles = less road ware = more weight aloud to be carried). The problem is this. My second unit is only a 4x2 but when running with the full trialer is on a 2+4 combination (eg 6 axles on ground). Does this mean it can still be plated as a 44 tonne wagon (like a 3+3) or only 38 (like a 2+3)?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Bellow is a pic of the trailer i mean.

*note - I know when running front part only i know the weight limits its just the full combo im having truoble with. (trailer wheels as follows from front to rear… Up - down/stearing - down/fixed - down/fixed - down/stearing. eg running on 4 axles)

*note 2 - if more info is needed just ask.

44 tonne is the maximum weight for trucks in the uk unless you go to heavy haulage. wehther you have 6 axles or 16 axles to spread the weight it is still 44tonnes gross.
as for the 4x2 tractor i think that you will be stuck at 40 tonnes due to the road tax problem, you cannot tax a 4x2 tractor unit at 44tonnes payload, i don’t even think that you will be able to get it plated for 44 tonnes, you will require both a plating certificate and road fund licence for the gross weight that you wish to carry.
the only way around is to enter into the world of heavy haulage and stgo.

Thanks Johnny. Its still platted at 38 tonne from its old owner but that runs out next month and was woundering if i could up it. I can run her on 38 tonne work no prob but ill have to tell the driver to keep his eyes on the weight. Thank you

ro ro, you can up that to 44 tonnes quite easily.
the 470 will cope better with that weight than a 420 would.
the extra output from the 470 would really be at home pulling 44 tonnes.
i also drive a 470 and she just loves the hard work, unfortunately i only run 4x2 so am restricted to 40 tonnes.

Johnny. I drive my own eurotech on 6x2 and Atkinson Strato on 4x2 and will be getting a 470. dont have one yet. but the above pic is my trailer its just pulled by one of the units of the company i am contracted to. do you think i should go topline? (note, must be used as i am still running the company myself. it will be my 3rd vehicle)

yeah go for the 470 i think the early one may have had a few teathing troubles ie very poor fuel economy if you go for the topline id recomend the classic though i heard that the the merc actroses have some very good deals on at the moment