Weekend Only Work..?

Just looking to see whether it’s worth registering with a few agencies to see if I can get a few days here and there doing weekend ONLY work alongside my current F/T job…?

Ok, I’ll have to work around the WTD / tacho rules etc, but what are the chances of getting any in the first place…? :confused:

Just thinking of doing this just to ‘refresh’ everything before I head off for my C+E training and test in a few weeks time…

As my understanding of the regs go, you’d only be able to legally do every other saturday or sunday.

Chances are quite high tho, just tell them you need extra work to save up for a holiday, big purchese

That would probably do me, as I would still need to work it around the wife’s night shift patterns too…

Every other Saturday or Sunday is better than nowt at all…

tommymanc:
As my understanding of the regs go, you’d only be able to legally do every other saturday or sunday.

Chances are quite high tho, just tell them you need extra work to save up for a holiday, big purchese

:unamused: :unamused:

Only if you wear a bowler hat.

Goldfinger:
Just looking to see whether it’s worth registering with a few agencies to see if I can get a few days here and there doing weekend ONLY work alongside my current F/T job…?

Ok, I’ll have to work around the WTD / tacho rules etc, but what are the chances of getting any in the first place…? :confused:

Just thinking of doing this just to ‘refresh’ everything before I head off for my C+E training and test in a few weeks time…

That’s what I did to get my foot in the door, was relocating to the NE and returning to driving. Took me a while but gave up my FT job and moved. Never stopped working since, o my been a couple years …it can be done pretty easy, i would work during my time off from main employment as well so didn’t really get much time off…

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
Only if you wear a bowler hat.

I can’t see how wearing this kind of headwear would improve this persons chance of gaining temperately employment.

It is probably regional but weekend work is plentiful in my area. I work the same job every weekend around my studies and it seems that drivers who want weekend work are in short supply

Reed Boardall used to employ drivers for weekends.

Conor:
Reed Boardall used to employ drivers for weekends.

Don’t think they do class 2 work…? :confused:

IICRC too remembering what someone on here said recently, they only take drivers on from a 30 mile radius of their depot…

Good point, skimmed over the “whilst I wait to do my C+E”.

Wouldn’t put too much stock in what people say about them. I used to get told constantly they didn’t pay for parking but every receipt I ever put in I got paid.

Goldstar are looking for casual weekend drivers at £15ph. Now I’m retired I might do some Sundays to boost the pension
Scroll down to the bottom
goldstartransport.co.uk/careers

Bit far to go for a days work MM…

If its non driving work you do OP then every sat /sun wont be an issue…

AndrewG:
If its non driving work you do OP then every sat /sun wont be an issue…

As i understand it, if on EU regs, for the weekend driving, you can officially :wink: :wink: only work every other weekend if doing Monday - Friday full time job, although if working to domestic regs you COULD do every weekend if you wanted to??

Still looking / asking… :blush: :frowning:

You won’t know the chances of getting some extra work until you register with some agencies, check out your local agencies and see what they have available.

If you’re already working Monday to Friday in a none HGV driving job it will count as other work for the EU regulations so, depending on the hours you work, you’ll probably only be able to drive legally 1 day every other week.