Weekend Work

Just some thoughts please, drive Mon-Fri and like my job but very quiet and no opportunities of weekend work or overtime. Would it be possible and would agencies be interested in me doing a Sunday or Saturday for them now and then.

I understand I need my rest periods off etc but as long as I have that covered would they be interested? Also would would it pay me a decent days pay as Im aware I would have to set up self employed aswell.

Cheers.

rookie07:
Just some thoughts please, drive Mon-Fri and like my job but very quiet and no opportunities of weekend work or overtime. Would it be possible and would agencies be interested in me doing a Sunday or Saturday for them now and then.

I understand I need my rest periods off etc but as long as I have that covered would they be interested? Also would would it pay me a decent days pay as Im aware I would have to set up self employed aswell.

Cheers.

Don`t forget you will pay normal tax etc on Agency even for a days money

I think there is something somewhere along the line off you would have to let your present employer know that you have a second driving/paid job as it may conflict with your hours

As long as you keep legal and your employer agrees then nothing should stand in your way. You don’t even have to go self employed you just pay tax on the whole amount of weekend work.

As long as you comply with the daily and weekly rest periods there’s no reason why you shouldn’t do some weekend driving, you are legally obliged to inform your current employer of any work you do for another company but they’d see that when they download your driver card anyway.

As to whether an agency would be interested in giving you work it depends on when you want to work, obviously agencies give preference to people who work for them regularly, so if it’s just the occasional days work you want you would be at the bottom of the calling list, but that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t get any work.

rookie07:

Cheers.

I’m in the same boat as you. I recently went to a agency for every second Saturday and holiday work, the agency guy said he was crying out for “Guys with full time jobs, who only want weekend work” and he explained he didn’t have enough work for full time agency drivers and the ones he did have, he struggled to get them to do weekends. This was all about 3 months ago… not heard from them since!!! :blush: