Weather warning for germany and its neighbours

ON the german television the weather forecast for the following days to come warns of the EXTREME --COLD–FRONT which is comeing out of RUSSIA: the TEMPS are belived to be going down to -20 and below for
the next few days, so be warned bring your cold weather clothes with you.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was watching the news and weather on German tv on Friday evening when I was parked near Stuttgart,the pictures they were showing from Moscow and Warsaw made me shiver just watching.
Biggles also tells me it’s been bad in Denmark the last few day’s too.

just for information the area by DRESDEN–CEZCH–POLAND: borders is one that was realy bad last week and if you are trying to use the ZINNWALD route you need SNOWCHAINS; if not you wil be parked up on the AUTOBAHN till the roads are clear,

ABOUT moscow yeh -25c what about siberia they are haveing -60c and below it has been reported,

They just showed footage from Denmark on Sky News and it looked cold, some drivers were trapped for over 20 hours due to ice on roads and bridges.

Oh joy, nothing beats little cold period. At least you don’t have to be worried about ice as traction is quite good even on ice. One thing you should be worried is water in fuel and air systems.

Similar cold front came from Siberia over Finland this week and in Tampere temperature has been around -20 to -25 during this week :sunglasses: Low temperature record for this year has been broken three times during this week and it’s now “only” -42.6C.

I hope that Volvo’s night heater is working today as forecast has said temperature should be -33 where I’m going to sleep. This night heater made nasty trick to my work mate, who is now on short sick leave as he didn’t get night heater working at Wednesday night while temperature was only about -25C .

JUST A LITTLE UPDATE AS TO THE WEATHER

Here in GERMANY we are haveing tempertures from -23c in the North parts of the land and down to-33 in BAVARIA; hopefully you have either winter diesil or the additive for the tank,and don,t forget the spare fuelfilters,

Wasn’t too bad this week. Monday morning - Aachen -5, Tuesday morning near Furth -12, Wednesday morning near Stuttgart -9. Still after Tuesday morning I now know the night heater works in the new truck, I decided to switch it on after doing the “toe out the duvet test” when the alarm went off and was quite pleased it actually worked. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

nice to see that your back over this side of the water Neil hope that you enjoyed yourself and the morning cuppa was okay,

Yes, it was a good week. The morning cuppa, brewed in the coffee machine that was a present from Volvo, was just perfect. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Tuesday morning near Furth -12 … Still after Tuesday morning I now know the night heater works in the new truck, I decided to switch it on after doing the “toe out the duvet test”

Did I understand correctly that you did sleep in such temperature without night heater running? If you did you’re quite brave (or fool :wink: ) man. I would have let it run whole night. It’s much nicer to wake up in already warm truck.

I very rarely run the night heater during the night, only in the morning for 10 or 15 minutes to warm the cab before getting up. If it gets really cold during the night I might run it for a little while but that would be a very rare occurance. I have a good quality duvet and that keeps me warm without needing the night heater. At home the bedroom window is always open regardless of the temperature and the heating isn’t on during the night either. I don’t really feel the cold.

Coffeeholic:
I don’t really feel the cold.

“big” blokes don’t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yer set yerself up for that one!!!

well its 20 past 1 and its still cold out side well -7 but the sun is out