Be prepared to snow and bad weather

…in southern Germany and around. In the last 12 hours we had 15 cm of snow and it’s still snowing…

Seems there will be a white Christmas this year…

Which reminds me that I must try and get into Eupen this week to have winter tyres fitted to the drive axle.
Being a predominantly Mercedes fleet they didn’t have any of the size I need and have had to order them!

You poor, poor people :cry:

Spare a thought for us, I have just seen a severe weather warning for this area on the weather channel :exclamation: Besides the 24 hours of heavy snow that is about to hit us, they have issued a low temp wind chill warning of MINUS 20f, work it out, thats 52 degrees of frost :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Time to start the truck engine :slight_smile:

I dream of a non white christmas. :cry:

had 6" of snow here last night :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it was snowing on the m62 around birch on friday afternoon as well.

southern germany, I take it we mean proper southern germany, augsburg, münchen etc in bavaria and surrounding regions - its not so unexpected to snow there this time of year surely? in the foothills of the german alps ? (or is it tyroll there?).

if you got lost in fog, would you be mist??

It was snowing here this morning too!, I woke up because the wind was hitting the side of the truck pretty hard, looked out the window, it was snowing big time! Snowing here in Georgia this early in the year, very unusual. it only lasted about 20 mins, none of it settled either as the ground was too warm.

Hey Pat, I checked the weather channel when I got home, we are supposed to be down to 14 degrees tonight, with the windchill effect it is supposed to be -5 degrees!

I wish I had’nt agreed to go to Tennessee for tomorrow now, it’s going to be even colder up there with a good chance of heavy snow accumulating. Its not the snow that bothers me, it’s the idiots down here that try to drive in it ,creating a mass demolition derby everywhere. I got a 46,000 pound load of Fireworks :open_mouth:

TC:

not a good conundrum to use on germans that one :astonished:
might get a bit upset :smiley:

I was sitting in a truckstop in Fargo, North Dakota yesterday afternoon.
Temp? MINUS 39 DEGREES CELSIUS, god knows what it went down to during the night. I was wrapped up in my BIG sleeper with the night heater on, never felt a thing :sunglasses:
But you wouldn’t dare take your hands out of your pockets, i’ve been in -25C before, but that was nothing compared to this :open_mouth:

TC:

PMSL nice one tc

-39c■■? What? Oh… with windchill?
It was -27c without windchill 200 miles north of there where I am…
And blowing like nothing else… so it must have felt like -40ish…
I’ve been in -25c in the blast freezer at Bootiful Bernard’s when I worked there… and this was way beyond that.

NO! WITHOUT THE WINDCHILL!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You all ain’t seen winter yet :exclamation: that was just a start :laughing:
Monday morning it was so cold on I-90 in MA the road salt had no effect on the heavy snow, it just re-froze on contact, result 106 miles on snow, I saw at least 6 accidents :exclamation: Each time I left the cab my breath froze as I inhaled :cry:

-35 here tonight… that bad weather has snuck up on us…
-35, or -50 with windchill… OUCH… even the Canadian’s have a severe windchill warning, mentioning frostbite in under 10 minutes on exposed flesh…

Yeah… well I remember the big freeze of 2003 on the M11 so there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat Hasler:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You all ain’t seen winter yet :exclamation: that was just a start :laughing:
Monday morning it was so cold on I-90 in MA the road salt had no effect on the heavy snow, it just re-froze on contact, result 106 miles on snow, I saw at least 6 accidents :exclamation: Each time I left the cab my breath froze as I inhaled :cry:

That’s nothing. When I were a lad it were so cold … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EARLY WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

EARLY WARNING of Heavy Snow

Issued by the Met Office at 06:00 on Wednesday 22nd December 2004

OVERALL RISK ASSESSMENT: The probability of disruption due to severe weather conditions in part of the United Kingdom within the next 120 hours is 70 percent.

REGIONAL RISK ASSESSMENT for the occurrence of severe weather conditions between 12:00 on Friday 24 December 2004 and 06:00 on Monday 27 December 2004.

NORTHERN SCOTLAND 60% Percent
EASTERN SCOTLAND 50% Percent
SOUTH WEST SCOTLAND 50% Percent
NORTHERN IRELAND 60% Percent
NORTH WEST ENGLAND 50% Percent
NORTH EAST ENGLAND 40% Percent
THE MIDLANDS 50% Percent
WALES 60% Percent
SOUTH WEST ENGLAND 40% Percent
CENTRAL SOUTHERN ENGLAND 30% Percent
SOUTH EAST ENGLAND 30% Percent
EAST ANGLIA and LINCOLNSHIRE 40% Percent

This is the first warning of disruption due to Heavy Snow.

The Met Office is forecasting a much colder spell for Christmas. This will follow a couple of days of mild, wet and, at times very windy, weather during which gusts to 70mph or more have the potential to cause disruption in some northern areas.

Snow showers are forecast to develop in the northwest on Christmas Eve and these will spread to many other northern and western areas on Christmas Day, becoming heavier and perhaps more prolonged as they do so. There is an increasing risk of some snow showers in the east on Boxing Day as winds turn more to the north. The percentages above relate to the potential disruption to travel with the risk of several centimetres of snow accumulating in places, especially over hills.

Confidence in a cold spell for Christmas is moderate to high but there are still doubts in the detail, whilst marked localised variations in snowfall are likely, with some areas escaping.

For enquiries regarding this warning - please contact your regional Met Office. Transmitted by the Met Office at 06:34 on Wednesday 22 December 2004 This warning will therefore be updated around 0900 tomorrow, Thursday 23 December.

this is the uk though. 6pm last night, i had to de-ice my car. 3am this morning, drizzle but very mild. go figure :exclamation: :confused:

Left Boston MA at 10.00am today in 50f warmth, 3 hours later climing Killington mountain it was -10f, heavy snow going up and freezing rain comming down the Rutland side, lucky I grossed at 40 ton :laughing:

The bad news … Very early tomorrow I have to go back the same way with a trailer full of bubble wrap :confused:
Killington mountain rises from 2000ft at Rutland to 4500ft at the top in a space of 6 miles, then drops the same amout in the next 6 miles, it can be 40 degrees difference between top and bottom :open_mouth:

Left Boston MA at 10.00am today in 50f warmth, 3 hours later climing Killington mountain it was -10f, heavy snow going up and freezing rain comming down the Rutland side, lucky I grossed at 40 ton :laughing:

The bad news … Very early tomorrow I have to go back the same way with a trailer full of bubble wrap :confused:
Killington mountain rises from 2000ft at Rutland to 4500ft at the top in a space of 6 miles, then drops the same amout in the next 6 miles, it can be 40 degrees difference between top and bottom :open_mouth: