Snow

Looks like snow has arrived for some parts of the UK and you know what that means, road closers!!. As you all know this country cannot cope with a little bit of snow. So stay safe out there guys, and drive safely.

il be safe till 4am monday morning ive got 24 bottles of despersdos to keep me ,warm take it easy guys

yes mickey

red alert truckers no work tomorrow stay at home but you will still be payed

lorry drivers turn up as usual or you will not be paid

There’s been plenty of notice, the snow turned up as forecast, round here at least.
It’s happened on a Saturday night so roads not as busy as they could be.
As winter been mild so far in the South East, there should be some salt stockpiled.

So the major roads should be cleared by tomorrow morning. :confused:

Personally I’m more concerned about the fog forecast for tomorrow. Well not so much the fog as other drivers reaction to it and the snow lying on the side of the road.

You have to laugh at the Southerners, we’ve had terrible weather up here for weeks and there hasn’t been a murmer. A few flakes darn sarf and it’s Sky News Headlines!!! :laughing: :laughing:

redbob:
You have to laugh at the Southerners, we’ve had terrible weather up here for weeks and there hasn’t been a murmer. A few flakes darn sarf and it’s Sky News Headlines!!! :laughing: :laughing:

That’s so true. :laughing:

I nearly put it’s been a mild winter, but realised that most of the rest of the UK had already had a bit of bad weather. And them cobbled roads are murder for grip when it’s icy. :laughing:

muckles:

redbob:

That’s so true. :laughing:

I nearly put it’s been a mild winter, but realised that most of the rest of the UK had already had a bit of bad weather. And them cobbled roads are murder for grip when it’s icy. :laughing:

Yep, it’s been that cold I’ve had to buy a new Flat Cap for my Whippet! :laughing:

largebloke1969:
il be safe till 4am monday morning ive got 24 bottles of desperados to keep me ,warm take it easy guys

Nice stuff that, brothers missus works for an alcohol distributers, and got us onto that when we got some as ‘damages’ (trials to you and me), but it’s not bloody cheap, even at trade prices.

Im seating at Home with a Grogg ( Rum with little Water and some Honey) in Front of me.
May make later Gluehwein (Boiled Wein with Spicy)

Dont boil Wein over75 degree Celsius as Alcohol disapears by 78 degree Celsius,speicy changes Taste and Sugar break whit one part of it expected to get you Cancer :exclamation:

You may google by www.google.at for Grogg and Gluehwein and translate it back with Google translation or so

Immigrant:
Im seating at Home with a Grogg ( Rum with little Water and some Honey) in Front of me.
May make later Gluehwein (Boiled Wein with Spicy)

Dont boil Wein over75 degree Celsius as Alcohol disapears by 78 degree Celsius,speicy changes Taste and Sugar break whit one part of it expected to get you Cancer :exclamation:

You may google by google.at for Grogg and Gluehwein and translate it back with Google translation or so

does google translator, translate your posts?

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Would it help if we in the UK ran on winter tyres in, er, winter conditions like other cold places in the world do? ISTR it is the law in some places in Europe?

I know some of the rural bus services in Wales used to fit winter tyres come November through to about March/April and their services kept running…

I think the foreign drivers go home and make jokes about the British being unable to cope with a light covering of snow :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all.Dented.I have had this argument with Orys and Simon on the Euro thread.I personally think it should be compulsory to fit winter tyres on cars and trucks throughout Europe.Many people disagree because of the cost,but the fact is now winters are becoming more unpredictable for length and severity.If you can keep travelling and working,or avoid accidents it must be worth it.
The initial cost is high but you get an old set of rims from a breakers,fit the tyres and off you go.I am now on my 4th winter with my studded tyres[and we have longer and harsher winters]and i should get at least 1 more winter before i consider new ones.Then i will use these for 1 or 2 summers.Just to avoid an accident or the use of a recovery truck makes it worth while,never mind the peace of mind it gives feeling more secure on the road.
When i worked for a Dutch company i drove all winter for 9yrs to Tromso from Holland with normal tyres.Every time it was ‘‘but you’re a good driver,or you can fit chains.When i had an accident in Norway[cost of repairs,etc about ,£20000]then it was a panic saying’‘you must have winter tyres’’ ,worked out at about £5000 per tyre plus the tyres. :wink:

The Derby Nottingham Forest Derby has been postponed, but my friends pub is still doing Gluhwein and an English breakfast.

So not only will Nigel Doughty miss the match, many others will too :neutral_face:

i dont think winter tyres are a neccesity, i just think some folk should learn to bloody well drive.

Worked in Swiss for years & only rich people put Winter tyres on their cars -never truckers.

Wheel Nut:
I think the foreign drivers go home and make jokes about the British being unable to cope with a light covering of snow :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right on the first Part of your Message
we got Laid off :bulb:
And i shovelled Snow at 04.00 Am to have Entrance free. So i got me for Breakfast a Grogg. Its boiled Rum with honey,and so i couldnt attend at 12.00 when my Agency called me :exclamation:

hutpik:
Hi all.Dented.I have had this argument with Orys and Simon on the Euro thread.I personally think it should be compulsory to fit winter tyres on cars and trucks throughout Europe.Many people disagree because of the cost,but the fact is now winters are becoming more unpredictable for length and severity.If you can keep travelling and working,or avoid accidents it must be worth it.

It might make a big difference in Northern parts of Europe, but do you think it would make much difference in what happens in the South East of England when we get a few cm’s of snow?
I think it would only make things worse, as people would think that because they have winter tyres they can continue to drive in the same way as they do in normal conditions. You see the same thing with some 4x4 drivers, they believe the 4x4 hype and end up in a ditch as traction does not equal grip.

Two thirds of the drivers in this country haven’t a clue on how to drive on snow.They drive to fast get into trouble and panic.A lot of them rev the ■■■■■■■■ off the vehicle and go nowhere.All they have to do is take everything gently and keep in as high a gear as possible with low revs and treat the pedals as if they are red hot, especially the brake pedal.

These are the bad boys you need, studded tyres