SNOW!!!

Snow is predicted for some areas of the UK on thursday and temperatures down to -10!!!
Do you like snow or find it annoying? I know i like it as i can miss school :stuck_out_tongue: but what about you peeps out on the road? :smiley:
Just thought this might form an interesting discussion. :wink:
Cheers

Ive got a mitsubishi L200 warrior, so its an excuse to go out and play, I always take blankets, ropes, slings etc as they is always someone to rescue. Had some real fun on the Kirkstone pass last december.

Its fine for a few hours, long enough for people to get stuck on the hill i live on, and struggle up and down it.
A few little prangs last year, and a Ford KA was hit and then slid down the road and wacked another car.
Any time its around after that, and i just want it to go.

I find that our job sometimes can be easier and quicker, as it sometimes means less traffic about.

Ken.

This happened outside Reddaways last time it snowed. :smiley:

The snow doesnā€™t bother us. :wink:

The Highway Man:
The snow doesnā€™t bother us. :wink:

Tut tut tut Highwayman. Enough time to take a pic, but not enough time to ensure your number plate was cleaned. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It is clean, the plate has been photoshopped to protect the guilty. :wink:

The Highway Man:

Methinks twas a joke :unamused:

The Highway Man:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: WHOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHH

As long as they grit the roads properly itā€™ll be fine, how many of us were stuck on the southern section of the M25 back in January when they didnt put down enough grit, six hours in a queue from clacketts to leatherhead, trucks having to park on reIgate hill in the drifts to take a break, nightmare :confused:

JB:

The Highway Man:

Psssst, I know!! Iā€™m playing along. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Weā€™ve got snow had it for weeks now,only another 4 months until spring,minus 28 today,biggest difference here is that the roads arenā€™t gritted.Makes for a fun time in Canada !!

The Highway Man:

JB:

The Highway Man:

Psssst, I know!! Iā€™m playing along. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh yeah!! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I heard today that a driver delivering to one our yards in Glasgow had a little accident. He jumped out his cab onto some ice, went [zb]over [zb], broke his collar bone and fractured his arm. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I personally hate trudging round building sites in the snow, cant wait for it to all be over. :smiling_imp:

Snow is a pain in the a55 in this country, because most people ainā€™t got a bloody clue how to drive on it!

Rant over :smiling_imp:

Koop:
Snow is a pain in the a55 in this country, because most people ainā€™t got a bloody clue how to drive on it!

Rant over :smiling_imp:

I completely agree, the amount of cars I passed ealier this year where the driver had ā€œpanic brakedā€ and ended up going over a junction or hit a post or gone in a ditch must be into double figures.

snow is fun,like how a centimitre of snow brings most of england to a standstill like last year haha

mind you we still get snow 2 feet deep up here

i like it when im up a mountain with a snowboard attached to my feet, other than that its a pain, esp in the uk as no one knows how to drive in it and just panics and the country grinds to a halt, like it did at the start of the year

They say they have enough grit to last 6days if it lasts that longā€¦ Great theyā€™ve had almost a year to get stocks up from jan/feb when it was bad.

To be honest i hate grit anyway, means i need to clean my lorry more. :laughing: :laughing: