Warning for all drivers!

DATE : 3rd JULY
TIME : Around 16:00

One of our drivers was held up at knife point by two robbers. They gained entry to the cab via the UNLOCKED passenger door. They forced the driver to drive further up the road to Battersea Dogs Home where they got out having relieved him of his wallet and phone. :smiling_imp:

Iā€™ve kept both doors locked for a while now when Iā€™m in it. When I leave I take my phone and wallet as itā€™s not unknown for cabs to be broken into when making deliveries.

I once had my truck broken into and bag with all my stuff in nicked while I was in the back unloading in East London. Keep everything that cant be put in a pocket hidden away would be my advice. And never drive round with passenger door unlocked, its fairly common for thieves to get in this way when stopped in traffic.

Both doors locked when I am in London FFS :confused: :open_mouth:

Least the driver is ok :wink: :wink:

almost every day i get in a diff wagonā€¦ the passenger door is always unlockedā€¦ why would people need to use this door anyhow??

eccleshall driver:
almost every day i get in a diff wagonā€¦ the passenger door is always unlockedā€¦ why would people need to use this door anyhow??

It makes it easier for the Emergency services to get you out when the truck is on fire and you are inside I always have both doors unlocked, I think theres far more chance of me rolling it or having an accident than someone getting in it and robbing me.

I think that is why the trucks that have electric locking like MAN & Volvo are the best deterrent. At least you can lock the door from the drivers side.

It keeps Vosa out too till your ready to invite them in :stuck_out_tongue:

carry a tazer.
20000 volts, evens things up a bit!

I have a BIG rod to fend the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A metal rod nestles on the floor near where i can grab it, when driving or sleeping! :wink:

If I get done for assaulting someone who thinks about attacking me then so be it! :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
It keeps Vosa out too till your ready to invite them in :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Blimey, i was wandering about round the Savona estate & 9 Elms Rd saturday lunch time with my camera.

Got back to the truck parked just off Stuarts Rd, unlocked it & climbed in, went to open the window only to discover iā€™d left it wide open! :blush: :blush:

this works as well
try useing a spray,its not against the law to
have a air cleaner spray or window cleaner
in the cab and if asked you just picked up what was near by, a normal reaction of some one in panic,

Back in the days when truck security was minimal to say the least I left my Mk.1 Atki at Knutsford services. The door had no key so I used to unscrew the handle (yes, the screws were on the outside :open_mouth: ) and take it with me.
I left my portable radio (radios werenā€™t fitted in those days :cry: ) on the shelf above the windscreen and when I got back in the morning it was gone.
Thought nothing of it at the time, there was nothing I could do except buy another but some years later when meeting for the first time in a long time a driver from that company I noticed in his house a portable radio identical in every way, including damage caused when falling in the cab, to the one I lost. Couldnā€™t say anything at that distance in time but it did set me thinking.
Later found that the reason that I hadnā€™t seen him in so long was that he had been having free accommodation somewhere. :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Sā€™pose I should think myself lucky that the wagon was still there. In those days Atkis only had keys for the door locks, ignition was by a switch on a panel in the cab. :open_mouth: Which was one reason why Iā€™d never had a key for it.

The very best protection is a fire extinguisher, dry powder will put the very biggest of people on their back then you can use the cylinder to beat them to death.

The entire UK sounds like the Bronx now, or downtown St Louis.

I keep a 4 cell maglight to handā€¦ :grimacing: :grimacing:

Slamming on the brakes and sending the clitorises through the winodw wouldnt be abad idea !!!

Jammy PMSL
Nice one

Slamming on the brakes and sending the clitorises through the winodw wouldnt be abad idea !!

Isnā€™t that ā€œclitoriiā€?

I wouldnt OF known that im not that much of an expert on jam runts !!!.

a kull is required!!

brit pete:
this works as well
try useing a spray,its not against the law to
have a air cleaner spray or window cleaner
in the cab and if asked you just picked up what was near by, a normal reaction of some one in panic,

and if pressing spray a naked flame was near great flame thrower apparantly