Lock Your Doors!

Lucky this was a Sunday morning in a country with draconian Sunday trading laws!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37333751

Agency yobs! :sunglasses:

I was delivering to Comet in Plymouth about 27 yrs ago and was around the back away from joe public and I didn’t lock the cab, jumped in about an hour later thought something looked odd and someone had rifled through me work bag removing my wallet and my cassette tapes, nothing of real value was available for the taking but a valuable lesson learnt .

A former colleague came back to his cab to find the driver’s door window busted and the screen from the reversing camera system missing.
This was in a particularly undesirable area of that charming West Yorkshire garden city of Leeds

“Had bigger than that in here drive…”

bigdave789:
A former colleague came back to his cab to find the driver’s door window busted and the screen from the reversing camera system missing.
This was in a particularly undesirable area of that charming West Yorkshire garden city of Leeds

Well that don’t narrow it down much :laughing: :laughing:

always a good idea to pull the parking brake on the trailer ,or the button beside the handbrake (on a Volvo )if your doing kerbside deliveries . On the off chance that some scrote does get into the cab it will confuse them for a few seconds .

Always lock my doors more to protect my lunch :laughing: than to do with worrying about some wee fanny pulling off the park brake.

Google street view the road - Linenhall Street - you will notice a roller door with Poundland wrote on it, I can only assume this is where the offload was taking place - then follow the street down the hill. Knowing that street, it is fairly steep, with a 90 degree right hand bend on it. How would a runaway artic make it that far?!

merc0447:
Always lock my doors more to protect my lunch :laughing: than to do with worrying about some wee fanny pulling off the park brake.

Yeah imagine someone nicking your butties and your wallet all in one foul swoop :open_mouth: makes me come over all funny thinking about it :smiley:

jprioredi:
Google street view the road - Linenhall Street - you will notice a roller door with Poundland wrote on it, I can only assume this is where the offload was taking place - then follow the street down the hill. Knowing that street, it is fairly steep, with a 90 degree right hand bend on it. How would a runaway artic make it that far?!

It bounced off the wall that is the side of Primark then followed the wall on the opposite side of the road in front of the Forum, before taking out all the bollards and getting wedged under the walkway that takes you into Debenhams. The police say they are looking for 3 youths seen walking past before the lorry set off on it’s journey, CCTV shows the back doors open and the taillift in use so am guessing the driver was in the store when the handbrake was let off you can see the driver running down the road after it in one of the cameras, although it is too dark to see what facial expression he was wearing.