Just a little warning

delivering beer thursday,last drop so rushing about forgot to lock doors(but why should i have to)came back to find mobile phone nicked.should have known better especially as it was in worksop (scum capital of the universe) .So where ever you are lock your doors when leaving the cab.

I nearly always lock my doors, except for when I’m in the middle of nowhere and not leaving the lorry alone.

The thing that ■■■■■■ me off is when people (who I’m delivering to or the guys in our own yard) comment that I’ve locked my doors, aparently this is as good as calling them theives. :confused:

I read a report about these drug addled scum bags nicking sat nav equipment and bar code scanners from courier vans, even if it is locked in the glove box :open_mouth:

I wish all drug takers would see how much it takes to overdose :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I read a report about these drug addled scum bags nicking sat nav equipment and bar code scanners from courier vans, even if it is locked in the glove box :open_mouth:

I wish all drug takers would see how much it takes to overdose :stuck_out_tongue:

oh yes please especially in worksop as it would reduce the poulation by 75%.

I wish all drug takers would see how much it takes to overdose

I’ve taken drugs! Asprin, Paracetamol…

I guess i’m a Drug taker then :laughing:

Trouble is when ‘drug abusers’ OD some do gooder always rings an ambulance, then ‘WE’ have to pay the costs for their treatment :imp:

Company policy to lock door’s,i alway’s lock them unless i am next to vehicle. :wink:

lernt my leason when i had about £1100 nicked out the safe at great yarmouth while tipping pet foods at a corner shop. i never left the wagon for more then 30 seconds at a time.

[zb] tryed to make me pay it back

jon

dennisw1:
Trouble is when ‘drug abusers’ OD some do gooder always rings an ambulance, then ‘WE’ have to pay the costs for their treatment :imp:

You’ve got it easy I have to go and save the [ZB] and they don’t say thanks when you nick there fix either!

On a lighter note some smack head tried to nick my phone from my unlocked cab in hull but a big butch lass grabbed him down to the floor from the top step of my cab and promptly sat on him til the old bill arrived!

When i worked at FM’s the company policy {if you bothered to read the co hand book} was to have the passenger door locked all the while, and to lock drivers door when leaving the vehicle, and whilst driving with value cargo’s. My new Premium has one of those remote central locking key fob thingy’s, well handy as you can remove key and lock the door whilst putting the keys in your pocket, this saves the sarcastic comments, such as Andyroo has eluded to :wink:
It is also linked to the immobilser, about time truck security caught up with cars :smiley:

I’ve had a moby go too, about 6 months back. Worse part was, it was only an old battered 3310. They never even used my contract SIM either, despite it being a good few hours before I could get it blocked.

I just didn’t see the point in it. Fools.

surprise,surprise.
the police have caught the smackhead that pinched my mobile,spent 2 hours at worksop police sta (and 2 hours in worksop is enough for anyone) writing statements & such like, phone as been recovered and safely tucked away at home.he was caught pinching a bike and the phone was found on him.yer typical worksop gonk.

Warrior are you Peter Cherry in disguise :question:

Are you referring to this Worksop? And do you recognise some of these Worksop pubs?

I always lock my cab , even in our own yards , you never know who they have employed at the end of the day …

Deaks:
Are you referring to this Worksop? And do you recognise some of these Worksop pubs?

you see its not just me.

Rob K:
Warrior are you Peter Cherry in disguise :question:

christ you have found me out,do i now have to flee the country.

On a lighter note :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of weeks ago I was driving a new Scania 420 and decided to nip into the garage at rainton services for a pint of milk, left the keys in the truck and returned to find myself locked out :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Apparantly they automatically lock the doors after 15 mins, the only problem was, the truck I had could’nt tell the time, I was only away 2 mins if that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unlike the older Scanias the fitter couldn’t open the side wings to earth the wire to pop the locks as they are now attached to the front grille, the only way was to hammer a screwdriver into the lock :cry: :cry: :cry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:
On a lighter note :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of weeks ago I was driving a new Scania 420 and decided to nip into the garage at rainton services for a pint of milk, left the keys in the truck and returned to find myself locked out :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Apparantly they automatically lock the doors after 15 mins, the only problem was, the truck I had could’nt tell the time, I was only away 2 mins if that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had this happen on a Premium, but it was’nt no security device like a Scania, it was the lock playing up, ludkily i was in the yard so the spare key was able to rectify the situation :wink:

Wheel Nut:

That happened to me, I’d just tipped a load of shop fittings from a Sprinter at the Chav shopping capital of the world (Lakeside :smiley: ) parked it for 20 minutes whilst I went for a scrub and cup of tea. Came back locks had been screwdrivered and TomTom Go(ne) from locked glovebox. Luckily I had it insured on the contents and got it back.

Never leave TomTom mk2 in cab now. I always carry it with me, and always make sure doors are locked.

Calv

I did over Years south-italy and never locked a Door
if they burglar break they the window if locked,otherwise won’t they burglar as they mean someone is around :smiley: