warning to all drivers

today after I had done my last drop some toerag smashed their way into the vehicle I had whilst I was getting the paperwork signed,it was locked,they grabbed my bag which had my wallet,car key,house keys and my iphone in it… :frowning: they threw the bag away a few miles down the road which was recovered by the police,ive now had to phone my bank to cancel my cards,phone my mobile company to block the phone,get my home locks changed and get my car towed to the dealers to get a new key made which I wont get until Tuesday,i cant go to work tomorrow so have lost a days pay on top of all the extra cost of replacing locks and getting the car recovered,i didn’t have the find my iphone function on so I can kiss that goodbye and I now my company will find some way of not covering it with the insurance.Im doing my class 1 next week too so now I also have to hire a car as I cant use mine til Tuesday so all in all its been the day from hell and its not even the 13th… :unamused: so the warning here is be careful what you keep in your vehicle I know I will never keep stuff all in one place again ive certainly learned that lesson the hard way… :frowning:

where were you when this happend

Hope the ■■■■ dies a painfull agonising death! :smiling_imp:

snowman77:
where were you when this happend

a little quiet village in the middle of nowhere called bolsterstone nr Sheffield the crime rate was zero which went to 100% after this even the police said nothing happens there but apparently the scum responsible were in the area and had been chased off by a householder after they were seen acting dodgy,they phoned the police so they had a partial reg and description of the van so looks like they were heading off somewhere else and saw my vehicle and struck… :imp:

I had it in preston a few years back ,I was fueling on one side of the truck and the scum bags were robbing the cab on the other side in broad day light funny as well because when the police came the video footage at been deleted ? had to get phone cards and keys replaced…

Sheffield (some parts like Northern Avenue etc) are as rough as a bears arse, when I was working for the co-op I used to get told to take my bag and put it in the managers office because they had, had people come round the back and knick it out of the loading area door. Scum of the Earth mate, but you reap what you sow in this World and I hope he get’s mugged when he’s older, just then he might understand what he’s put you and no doubt others through.

sounds like you’ve been realy unlucky but shows if they want in they will get in,

bloody hell never even thought of that before i leave satnav i phone wallet keys in the cab in full view ,will be taking wallet and as much as i can carry in the back with me when unloading from now on ,could do with a little safe in the cab

robf1234:
bloody hell never even thought of that before i leave satnav i phone wallet keys in the cab in full view ,will be taking wallet and as much as i can carry in the back with me when unloading from now on ,could do with a little safe in the cab

:open_mouth: If I’m not in my motor I take what I need in a small rucksack which I lob out of sight on the bunk or put the passenger seatbelt through it. Won’t stop them but may slow them enough for me to get to them :wink:
I never leave the cab without my phone though which payed off once when I stopped for a subway and the key snapped in the door, locking me out :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: At least I could call someone because even I could of borrowed a phone I wouldn’t of know any numbers :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

thx for the replies guys… :slight_smile: the wallet and keys is a pain but my phone is the worst because your life is on it,all your numbers etc and ive got to pay tmobile a tenner to get a new sim card… :open_mouth: soi can put it in a phone when I get another one… :laughing:

Bolsterstone might be a small village but it’s less than a mile from stocksbridge and there are some rough estates in stocksbridge.

My Mrs sends you this message…hope the swine who nicked your stuff never gets another leg over and his knob eventually drops off…she’s kind like that.

Like most scumbags they’ll never be of any use to man nor beast, no bugger will miss him when karma calls.

robf1234:
will be taking wallet and as much as i can carry in the back with me when unloading from now on ,could do with a little safe in the cab

I used to drive an ERF ecs & that had a small safe in the cab

Juddian:
My Mrs sends you this message…hope the swine who nicked your stuff never gets another leg over and his knob eventually drops off…she’s kind like that.

Like most scumbags they’ll never be of any use to man nor beast, no bugger will miss him when karma calls.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: thx juddian that just put a smile back on my face… :grimacing:

Blimey theres more chance of getting bit by a sheep there than a robbery, pure unlucky mate.

Some small adjustments can save lot of hassle…for eg…i always take the car key and hosue key of the main bunch of keys and slip into back pocket so they always with me as backup…for wallets get a small slip in wallet or even a rubber band and put all cards and notes in that and also slip into pockets, so essential stuff is ALWAYS WITH YOU…

BUT…you’re buggered if they decide to mug you lol :unamused:

We can all learn from this unhappy event.

Take out your mobile,

Click contacts,

Write down their names and numbers on paper.

(good idea to do the same with favourites on the computer too)

…and avoid Bolsterstone - it’s too near Stocksbridge.

Dieseldoforme:
We can all learn from this unhappy event

it wont help the OP
with the advent of people conducting their day to day lives via their smartphone its a good idea to use the advance settings of your smart phone to lockdown the security of it.
iPhones have the facility to lock the find my phone app so the scrotes cannot disable it even if its switched off.
You can also set the phone to wipe the memory if 10 sucessive unsuccessful attempts to unlock it happen (not great after 10 pints) also the 4 digit pass key on an iphone is too easy to unlock. So change it to a more advanced 10+ digit alphanumeric passcode

peirre:

Dieseldoforme:
We can all learn from this unhappy event

it wont help the OP but its a good idea to use the advance settings of your smart phone to lockdown the security of it.
iPhones have the facility to lock the find my phone app so the scrotes cannot disable it even if its switched off.
You can also set the phone to wipe the memory if 10 sucessive unsuccessful attempts to unlock it happen (not great after 10 pints) also the 4 digit pass key on an iphone is too easy to unlock. So change it to a more advanced 10+ digit alphanumeric passcode

10,000 possible combinations?? Too easy?

Plugging the phone into a computer with number scrambling software would go through the 10k in minutes.
But of the adv wipe clean option was abled the phone would erase the info before it was cracked