Lived like a cab hermit this week

Problems with driver’s door since Monday.
Firstly it wouldn’t lock, then it locked it’s self randomly :open_mouth: (luckily I was sat in cab) then it would not bloody close.
Done a call out, fitter got it to shut, but it won’t bloody lock.
Consequently I dare not leave the bloody cab in case my kit gets nicked. :smiling_imp:
So sad cabhermit life for me this week :unamused: , had to ask a couple of lads in other trucks to watch my cab whilst at bog on MSA, no going out for a pint and a meal at nights :open_mouth: , (only time I left cab was to have a brekkie with Beaver, thinking he was buying, but he conned me AGAIN into telling me it was my turn, after he pulled out his diary with past dates, times and breakfast prices he had paid :unamused: . :laughing: )
As for nights out kipping? door unlocked :open_mouth: …What if a group of randy young females opened the door and had their way with me as their plaything, …how would I cope? :open_mouth:

Anyhow I’ve done a full week this week, Mon to tomorrow, in cab type cooked meals all week,.sat on my own like Billy ■■■■ Nomates, feels like a fortnight :unamused:
Don’t know how some of you do it every ■■■■ week. :neutral_face:

Anyhow…that’s ‘Rob’s Cool Story’ for this week :sunglasses: .
Does it qualify me for starting out as one of the '‘Trucking Legends’ on the other thread. :laughing:

If it’s only the driver’s door that won’t lock, can you not strap the internal handle to the steering wheel and exit via the passenger door?

GasGas:
If it’s only the driver’s door that won’t lock, can you not strap the internal handle to the steering wheel and exit via the passenger door?

Yup, just like the old days when you’d be in danger of sliding out if someone opened a door when the planks you attempted to perch on were sitting on the window ledge, half the time those old doors didn’t lock at all and if they did you could unlock them with any key or a flat head screwdriver :unamused:

Anyway, good to see you’ve been on unpaid night watchman duties in yer tin can :smiling_imp: :wink: :sunglasses:

I’ll send you my number just in case you need protecting from those randy young nymphomaniacs :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

I trust you went for the full on modern tramper effect by parking in unsuitably narrow lay bys with your mirrors folded in?

I could tell you were nervous about sleeping with your door unlocked when I saw this picture from your in cab camera!

That would have made a great video for YouTube
A week living in a truck and only leaving it to pee and wash
The fans would have loved it and you could have possibly got a invite to Peterborough truck show to show the cab where this travesty happened and that you are still alive and well to tell the story
You could have been a superstar in the eyes of the legends fans
Missed out there you could have being rolling in bucks
Next time

You need an in cam dashcam thingy majiggy with a you thingy ma accounty. Wouldve made squillions. Mind you i bet you were strugglinng to reverse onto some tight bays during the week which wouldve aded to peep hole overload.

Next week do us a favour and add some videos pleeeeeasee.

GasGas:

I could if I didn’t have a poverty spec Craptros with no outside door lock on the passenger side…those door locks would have cost them an extra fiver you know. :unamused:

the maoster:
I trust you went for the full on modern tramper effect by parking in unsuitably narrow lay bys with your mirrors folded in?

I could tell you were nervous about sleeping with your door unlocked when I saw this picture from your in cab camera!

:laughing: You weren’t supposed to show anybody that.

Poor boy having to live like the rest of us for once :slight_smile:

robroy:
Firstly it wouldn’t lock, then it locked it’s self randomly :open_mouth: (luckily I was sat in cab) then it would not bloody close.
Done a call out, fitter got it to shut, but it won’t bloody lock.
Consequently I dare not leave the bloody cab in case my kit gets nicked. :smiling_imp:
So sad cabhermit life for me this week :unamused: , had to ask a couple of lads in other trucks to watch my cab whilst at bog on MSA, no going out for a pint and a meal at nights :open_mouth: , (only time I left cab was to have a brekkie with Beaver, thinking he was buying, but he conned me AGAIN into telling me it was my turn, after he pulled out his diary with past dates, times and breakfast prices he had paid :unamused: . :laughing: )
As for nights out kipping? door unlocked :open_mouth: …What if a group of randy young females opened the door and had their way with me as their plaything, …how would I cope? :open_mouth:

Anyhow I’ve done a full week this week, Mon to tomorrow, in cab type cooked meals all week,.sat on my own like Billy [zb] Nomates, feels like a fortnight :unamused:
Don’t know how some of you do it every [zb] week. :neutral_face:

Anyhow…that’s ‘Rob’s Cool Story’ for this week :sunglasses: .
Does it qualify me for starting out as one of the '‘Trucking Legends’ on the other thread. :laughing:

Yeah, if you were really ■■■■■■■■, you’d have stayed in the cab and crapped into a carrier bag!

Nite Owl:
Yeah, if you were really ■■■■■■■■, you’d have stayed in the cab and crapped into a carrier bag!

You’re meant to use a bag? :blush: I’ve been ■■■■■■■■ in my hands and clapping, more exciting and a guaranteed outcome, rather than the ■■■■ the T.M. comes up with!!

mardybum:

Nite Owl:

You’re meant to use a bag? :blush: I’ve been [zb] in my hands and clapping, more exciting and a guaranteed outcome, rather than the [zb] the T.M. comes up with!!

Ah, so you’re the guy who used the lorry before me!

robroy:
nyhow…that’s ‘Rob’s Cool Story’ for this week :sunglasses: .

I never lock.my door on nights out. Just never have done to be honest

The picture taken of Robroy by maoster I can confirm is indeed genuine. When it’s HIS turn to pay for breakfast, one of the following occurs;

1. As seen, he attempts to hide in the corner of his cab.
  2. He puts his fingers in his ears and repeats " lalalalala " at the top of his voice until you give up and zb off.
  3. The 19th century coin collection comes out and surprise,surprise his payment is declined.
  4. Feigns immediate illness.

The answer to this outlandish behaviour I have found is surprisingly simple though. Grab you scran BEFORE HIM, approach the till, point in his direction and walk off :wink:

edd1974:

robroy:

I do. And I’ve got a door bar that locks the door into the body of the cab which can be withdrawn quickly and waved around a bit whilst showing my best menacing face.

Quite the sight that expose ially armed with a hard on.

Sun roof ? :smiley:

edd1974:

robroy:

Yeh, but I’m on about leaving the cab on a night out.

toonsy:

edd1974:

robroy:

I do. And I’ve got a door bar that locks the door into the body of the cab which can be withdrawn quickly and waved around a bit whilst showing my best menacing face.

Quite the sight that expose ially armed with a hard on.

I always lock mine when in my bunk, but this week I’ve had the Baseball bat on stand by.
I reckon if some scrote opened the door, and was met with me, bleary eyed, wielding a baseball bat, wearing only my undercrackers with me nads hanging out of one side, it would be enough to make him regret it. :laughing: c

Punchy Dan:
Sun roof ? :smiley:

What …climb through it?
It’s about a 2’’ opening Dan. :neutral_face: