Waitrose lay land

Hi guys. Anyone have any upto date info on driving jobs here. The advert says pay scale and shift start times but not much else

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse the space lol

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26602-1377623604-14.gif

the nodding donkey:

thanks for your input

Google gives me this thread mate! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112965

OK it’s 3 years old, so just assume it’s now worse! :laughing:

pickandmix:

the nodding donkey:

thanks for your input

You’re welcome.

Evil8Beezle:

yeah I’ve seen that thanks

Evil8Beezle:

Wrong depot EB.

Excuse the ■■■■■■■ spelling, at least get the ■■■■■■■ grammar right.

Sapper

sapper:
Excuse the [zb] spelling, at least get the [zb] grammar right.

Sapper

Who are you?

If your get to the group assessment, dress smart and expect a morning or afternoon sat in a circle doing David Brent-type ‘ice breakers’ then some group exercises. There were a couple of slimey competitors in the group activities when I went trying to impress, but I think the assessors saw through them. I think they are just trying to weed out the knobs, I kept pretty quiet throughout, didn’t make show of myself & got invited back for the driving assessment.

All in all, a first interview for a driving job like no other & one that reminded me why i’ll never work in an office with other people.

Everything about the job seemed good to me though; proper t&cs, good perks, easy & clean, just the money was a bit on the low side for me given it was a 45 minute commute.

Thankyou. Money seems alright at the higher end of the pay scale but not sure what’s required to get there. I’m looking for 2200-0109 start band so hopefully that commands the higher rate

pickandmix:
Thankyou. Money seems alright at the higher end of the pay scale but not sure what’s required to get there. I’m looking for 2200-0109 start band so hopefully that commands the higher rate

Should do.

To be fair the rates have gone up a bit since I enquired. I was after day shift which was £9 odd back then, which multiplied by 47.5 basic wasn’t getting me too excited as I didn’t get the impression you were doing particularly heavy hours.

Is this employed by Waitrose or on agency? I saw anagency advert a few weeks back for what must have been Waitrose. Think the pay was from £10 to about £15 ph but didn’t specify what rates for what shifts, what was basic and overtime, and how many hours per shift or per week you would do. Just one of those annoying adverts really that gives you next to no information to be able to make a decision whether it’s worth applying for or not.

It’s direct with Waitrose

:laughing: I picked a flt up from there yesterday afternoon, a guy I was chatting to asked if I was interested in a driving job there as it looked easier than what I was doing, I declined as it would bore me silly :sunglasses: