Just found the site

:smiley: just got online great site very good tips.
I passed my class 1 back in october last year and now work for manpower at parcelforce coventry the job is right enough, night trunking to ipswhich I love the A14.
Still Learning to reverse but eveyday is a new day.The thing with the reverse is that even old hands with years in the job can take a few shunts,gives us new boys some hope. :unamused:
I am finding life on the agency tough it seems that we work week to week and never seem to get off the bottom of anyones shoes,our fellow agency workers are the only people who seem to speak to us with any sort of respect and the regular workers look and treat you like your are pond life.
Does anyone Know of any perm jobs where you dont need two years driving in??That will pay more than £5 a hour? On splitter boxes the royal mail love dafs and being agency noone talks to us well first night on the job I jump in the cab and look round the cab to see the gear stick with the words eaton on and a sticky out bit.what`s that sticky out bit for I think scrathing my head, realising that it must be a splitter of sorts I start
up and have a play for all the old hands who have had the plesure of the eaton box will be smiling now.But half way down the A 14 and a good read of the instrution book I had it cracked.
Now any splitter is a doddle :blush: :blush:

Advert in my local paper today £8.25 p.h. 42 hour week 4 on 4 off shift but it’s not a driving job it’s for security guards :unamused: Doesn’t make sense to me…

:open_mouth: when I passed I thought it was easy street what with driver shotage and all that :astonished:
still crack on the job will come right :question:

Welcome to Trucknet meathead

Unfortunatly what Tartanraider has said is becomming more and more the norm.

If I was you just apply for the jobs who advertse for 2 years experience, you will be supprised how many take on people who apply without the advertised experience! with 9 months you will find most will give you a go!

Good luck

Cheers trucknet,
I will crack on the open road is in me blood. :smiling_imp: :imp:
dont let them take me smile thats what I say the right job is around the next turn that`s the advice the driving examiner gave me so I will keep on truckin :smiley: :laughing:

Welcome to Trucknet Meathead :laughing: you have a pm.

Hello mate…

what shif pattern are you on a Coventry Hub… did nobody take you around the block for assessment and show you how to use an eaton box… obviously not… just shows what a bunch of ■■■■■ we all are here… I have worked for the company for many years… driving artics for over 3… You say you are working on agency for Manpower… dont worry if you dont have a blame worthy accident in 6 months Parcelforce/Royal Mail will offer you a full time position as we are now very short on drivers… GARY MILLS in the transport office at Cov is one of the soundest managers i have ever come accross and he is on nights so if you have any problems ask for him and he will do his damndest to help you out… anyway i am based at Coventry Parcelforce but am running for Royal Mail at Crick as they are very short or drivers… last count down there was 4 Agency Drivers to 1 Royal Mail Driver… as you can see we are short so dont worry…

DATAPOST

REMEMBER - DONT BE A â– â– â– â–  - TAKE A SHUNT :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to truckNet Meathead.

Ahhh! Datapost so good of you to join us :laughing: :laughing:
Thank’s bud. :wink:

Soz been a bit hectic of late,hellow meathead.

john o:
Soz been a bit hectic of late,hellow meathead.

Your not the only one… :laughing: :laughing:

Bit late I know, But Welcome to TruckNetUK meathead… :sunglasses:

I think thats what I need to do, is have a read of the instruction manual for the twin splitter… :unamused: LOL… I still cant seem to have a smooth down change… LOL… sings and grinds… quite tuneful actually… LOL.

Enjoy the site Meat, and dont be a stranger… :wink:

:laughing: :smiley: hello and thankyou for the welcome this site is magic the more I look the more I like thaks again :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :wink:

Hi Meathead, I worked for parcelforce for a number of years out of the reading depot,all I can say is that it dosent surprise me that they dont speak to you, they are heavily unionised and as such are scared of agency drivers in case they get shown up. The best way to start a conversation with them is to start talking about what you are not going to do within your shift, they will then think you are one of them. HAving said that, it is a good place to get you expierence as you will never be rushed. Good luck.

AndyM:
I think thats what I need to do, is have a read of the instruction manual for the twin splitter… :unamused: LOL… I still cant seem to have a smooth down change… LOL… sings and grinds… quite tuneful actually…

Used to drive an ERF with the eaton twin splitter for about a year with Onward Transport Ackworth.

It had a clutch brake, when the pedal was fully depressed. You didn’t get the big crunch when trying to engage 1st/2nd gear. (To set off).

I found it best to half depress the pedal to drop out of gear and instead of dbl d clutching give it some revs and feel it in without using the clutch. :wink:

Don’t no whether DAFs are the same though, every DAF I’ve driven from 2800 onwards have had a ZF box.

hi mate i know i’m late but hope you have cracked it by now and are finding the job easier.i would not worry if no one speaks to you,just get on with the job and enjoy it mate.i go to places where the own workforce don’t talk to each other.welcome to trucknet