Just to let you all know

That there is hope for all of us newbies out there in terms of jobs!

I passed my test friday 18th april 2008 started ringing round the haulage companies monday 21 april and landed my self an interview and a job today 25/4 as well as being offered agency work plus had another interview lined up next weds!)

I start on 12/5 with a local haulage firm driving class 2 trucks doing uk multidrop.

Just took a few phonecalls and bit of luck and there are companies willing to give newbies a chance and im only 23!! :slight_smile:

Excellent news. Congratulations on your pass :smiley: and best of luck with the new job. :slight_smile:

excellent mate and good luck with the new job

Plus its only 3 miles from my house!!

Well done mate and good luck Just remember take it easy in the begining and dont rush about too much Give yourself time to get afeel of the truck and how it handles loaded and to settle into the new job Once again GOOD LUCK

Who is it with?

“Give yourself time to get afeel of the truck and how it handles loaded”

Yes, most important to do just that…
I was unlucky enough to get lumbered with my werst ever agency assignment
On my 1st day out in a real HGV.

TM on the phone pestering “How long before you get to the 1st drop”
Only minutes after my tail lights disappeared out of the gate
This tactic continued all day.

Managed to knock out a few bricks from a low garden wall
While trying to negotiate a real tight spot in Bromyard

Dare say, I NEVER when back to that company again…

Regards 2xQ

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.something all too common these days. No doubt a valuable lerning curve though.How many times do we hear the Boss say hurry up back :exclamation: does he mean its O.K. to take your time getting there as long as you hurry up back :question: .Protect your licence it is your livly hood.Look after your vehicle it is your lift home :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

dogthehunter:
Plus its only 3 miles from my house!!

A nice short WALK to work then :exclamation: :wink:

… oh, hang on, you are only 23 - short JOG to work whilst listening to MP3 player and using mobile phone :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A nice short WALK to work then

That will work up an appitite for all those truckstop fry ups.