Got a JOB at last

Passed my C class back in October been job hunting ever since and finally struck lucky, The TM said they’re looking at setting another couple of drivers on in two or three weeks time,if anybody is interested. I can pm the details. Starting on £7.40 ph not good money but pays the bills

Well done

At least it better than £6.00 p/h like some driving jobs

thanks for that mate

just read your signature and beginnig to wonder,about this firm,when interviewed i was told i’d be paid through Orange Genie.thought it was just an accounts system but now having read up on this forum about umbrella companies i’m not too happy

congratulations on the job just look at it as experience if no good can still look for somat else meanwhile you are gaining valuable learning on the job !!

all the best

Jennie x

I live in pudsey just around the corner from redpost,they do seem to advertise for 7.5ton and C drivers at an alarmingly consistent rate, i.e every month or two.

What are the terms of employment is it self employed, permanent / temp contract , seasonal.?

Hi Hos, could you PM me the details, they’re just round the corner from me. Beats agency pay

well that job didn’t last long. jacked it in today,glad to get away proper cowboy outfit,wagons dropping to bits,WILL GET FIXED TOMORROW, they say everyday. Weds i had to go to northampton (crick) VOSA. To pick up a truck one of the lads had been pulled in.Driving with no digi card company told him it was ok cos he’d applied for it , cost him £200.ok the numpty shouldn’t have listened to them but he’s a real greenhorn.

But surley experience is experience?? i would of stuck at it and gained my experience in the meantime looking for another job while i was driving for them.

see your point but the condition of the trucks alone is reason enough to leave.

all newbies gotta eat ■■■■ for a couple of years,then when u have more experience u can start looking elsewhere

commonrail:
all newbies gotta eat [zb] for a couple of years,then when u have more experience u can start looking elsewhere

I don’t mind doing the crap work that the more experienced drivers don’t want but i won’t drive unroadworthy trucks just to gain experience.

when u say unroadworthy do u mean illegal or just knackered.my first 3 trucks were an absolute disgrace but they were just about road legal.

first day on the job vehicle checks
reported defects.bald tyre,deep gash in sidewall
ABS light on dash and power steering fault.told it’s booked in for sorting tomorrow…never happened.
second day different truck .various lights out massive crack acsross windscreen.all defects reported…oh yeh it’s booked in for service tomorrow. never happened. later on that day stepped on the side bar to get on the back of the truck (curtainsider) it snapped off and i fell backwards off the side of the truck…it had been held on with two cable ties.

You did the right thing leaving no point staying when you could end up paying for the experience with fines and points. Just a word of advice though don’t go slagging them off in any interview you might get with anyone else it won’t look good wait till you’ve been there a while first :laughing:

sounds like my old place.i wouldnt take a truck out with a bold tyre coz youll get points,they would replace blown bulbs but the other stuff is run of the mill.if i NEEDED anything doing i would dump it outside the garage and go back up to the office for another brew.sooner or later a planner/manager would see me and ask why i was still there,i would tell them and leave it with them(PASS THE BUCK) i wouldn`t have walked they would have to sack me first but i doubt they would do that coz they need the run covering

and don`t forget traffic managers talk to traffic managers from other companies.if u get a reputation as a “walker” it will go against you.

commonrail:
and don`t forget traffic managers talk to traffic managers from other companies.if u get a reputation as a “walker” it will go against you.

Don’t get carried away here fella, i’ve walked away from one job and that’s because i maintain certain standards as a driver and i expect nothing less from the company i work for.

ok fair dues

Hos:

commonrail:

Don’t get carried away here fella, i’ve walked away from one job and that’s because i maintain certain standards as a driver and i expect nothing less from the company i work for.

Fair play to you mate if only more had the same backbone you wouldn’t be put in that position in the first place.

cheers fella’s :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

got some agency work for this week,timber merchants,never driven a flatbed before, makes reversing easy though :laughing: