w.t.d

just had ours changed from 50 hrs p.w to 48 hrs p.w because of the w.t.d ,we got gar 50 hrs pay per week and now 48 hrs, what difference to the w.t.d directive does it matter if yo get paid gar 50/60/70 p.w, i thought it was about the hours you worked not what you got paid.

errr. a big saving for your boss :wink:

48hrs is what wtd is worked out on. we are guaranteed 52 1/2 hrs a week. they’ve just recently clamped down on our poa hours make sure we get at least 10 hours a week in, one lad has got to payback 164 hours so he’s having 3 weeks and 2 days off paid at basic rate. can work against you or for you,extra holiday if you want it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Our boss has tried on a number of occations to tell us to try and keep our hours down but still do the same if not more the same amount of work (you know where he is coming from). When will these bosses get it into there heads that this law came in to stop them working us into an early grave. We work on a 26 week period so in that we can work a total of 1248 hrs, all i do is average a 52-53 hour week so that when it comes to the end of the 26 week period i get to spend more time at home on full pay (LOVELY).

stuh:
48hrs is what wtd is worked out on. we are guaranteed 52 1/2 hrs a week. they’ve just recently clamped down on our poa hours make sure we get at least 10 hours a week in, one lad has got to payback 164 hours so he’s having 3 weeks and 2 days off paid at basic rate. can work against you or for you,extra holiday if you want it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They can’t make you do any poa at all,if the situation dos’nt warrent it.
If your booking poa when your working.You’ll get the blame and your boss.
it only takes an accident and vosa will be in there pronto.

Tony b

i don’t book poa when i’m working, but we are told when tipped to park up near drop and sit there for an hour or 2, we are lucky at our place as it’s all builders merchants we do, so no multi drop if unlucky got 2 drops on trailer so can afford to wait around at drops. we had an arguement with driver trainer last week on our wtd briefing about poa he says “you can only book poa when u’ve been informed by the delivery point how long you have to wait” but in the real world how can they tell you this it’s" your in next after this one comes out" so how can you book poa. the companys just happy we book it. if there willing to pay me for sitting around then who am i to complain.

stuh:
we had an arguement with driver trainer last week on our wtd briefing about poa he says “you can only book poa when u’ve been informed by the delivery point how long you have to wait”

After some of the postings on here about trainers in the last couple of weeks it’s refreshing to see one who is correct. :wink: :smiley:

Mind you he wasn’t completely correct, you can also book it if you know the likely length of the wait based on experience - i.e you’ve been to this place several times before and it is always about an hour/1.5 hours/2 hours/ 3 hours before they get to you.

Do you have to do a minimum amount of time before it counts.
I;E 15 minutes.Or does any time count and can just be added up at the end of the day?

Tony b

No minimum specified in the regs, although a current popular driver’s urban myth says it must be a least 15 minutes. :wink: :smiley:

stuh:
we are told when tipped to park up near drop and sit there for an hour or 2

Ok, I’m prepared to be labelled “a bit thick” here, but - how does this benefit them? You’ve still got the same job to do, but you’re being told to park up for a few extra hours? It’s not a problem to you as POA is paid, it’s not affecting WTD as it’s not counted towards your working hours, and it’s not as if VOSA have said that everyone MUST have X amount of POA - so, why?

There must be something glaringly obvious that I’ve missed■■?

we’ve been told they aren’t bothered where we get the poa in as long as we do. we can’t get a rough guess of how long we’ll be waiting at the drop to guess poa as it does’nt work with our work as it’s all builders merchants and store delivery’s, it different everytime you go there and also majority of work is central london so with parking restrictions a lot of them are timed deliverys. the trainer told us it’s all a grey area at the moment with poa so as long as we book it they are’nt concerned, but to work 70hrs a week 10hrs of that must be booked as poa. as with any company they are’nt going to want to pay you for being off on top of your holiday entitlement. i’d rather crack on with the work than sit around but what are you suppossed to do do :unamused:

Stuh.
at the moment i work 2 weeks of 5 days and one week of 4.its all paid as i’m on salary.
Last year i had 70 days off.and only 29 of those were holiday.The rest of them were days off to reduce my working hours.all paid.I’m not complaining.

Tony b