W.T.D.

Any changes at your place of work yet■■?

Cheers tone… :wink:

Not at mine but I dont work more than 48 hours anyway!
Most of our drivers work about 40 to 45 hours, problem is we all get paid for 60 hours just in case we have to drive more!

No word from the powers to be what will change come April I am guessing that we will be paid the same but restricted to 48 hours

68 hours this week - what do you think? :unamused: :wink:

Er…they’re looking for more subbies…and helping those drivers who want to buy their wagons with extremely friendly payment terms and nice healthy rates…to the point of standing their own trucks first… :unamused:

So no, then.

no, and i don’t expect there to be. :wink:

WTD Tone, whats that stand for Work Till Done? :wink: :laughing:

Mal.

I think most bosses have adopted the Ostrich position on this WTD
I will probably have to take time off between trips to balance my hours as it is impractical to reduce my hours when away, and also if I am forced to have more leisure time I would prefer to spend it with my family

my personal opinion is this 2005 it kicks in for employed drivers 2009 it kicks in for ownerdrivers thats 4 years for the govenment to see it wont work which they already know it wont .so they say to brussels sorry no good for us. jan 1st 2009 ok lads and lasses as you were.(back in 2004) :laughing:

spoke to a Belgium driver & a German driver last thursday & asked them about the WTD , when they stopped laughing at me they said it was only us & the French that would be sticking to it…!!! :frowning: :blush: :blush:

I think this is a problem with a lot of euro legistation. In britain we take it by the letter and even add bits the rest of europe only pay lip service to it. I believe the same will happen over the WTD. I think the government signed up to it in haste to keep the T&G happy, its great in principle, this industry has been to used to drivers doing long hours to make up thier money and that culture does need to be changed if the industry wants to attract and keep new drivers. Young family men now expect to have a family life and will not take jobs were they only spend a day and or two at home each week or less if on Continental work, but its implementation will be flawed and probally widely abused.

well i worked out that if they put the money up to £10 ph im still worse off.

it sholud be up to me if i should work or not not some muppet in a suit. also a note has gone on the notice board at work about impending pay rise which says that this years rise will be in line with working practices for the wtd.

and states that terms and conditions will change, which means if they put me on monthly pay (salared) they will be without one driver for sure :open_mouth:

jon