Wtd average 48 hrs a week and cpc

advice our compliance manager is a prick, he came upto me and said sign that what is it its the average 48 hours over 26 week period , you have gone over your hours , I am on salary, I said well you should come to me when my hours are getting high and transport manager give me less work to do, I come to work and do as im told, every week after breaks and poa my wtd is around 54 hours to 60 hrs mon to Friday only work sat if on a Friday my hours are about 48 50. then I ve just been told boss is paying our cpc but we have to do it at work on a Saturday or sunday but don t get paid for coming top work.
you never win with these buggers . so if I turned round and said I cannot work that many hours tomorrow they play hell. how the hell am I supposed to be right. anyone know a simple solution, or to work hours out easy way.
I have a weekly chart where I put my hours down less breaks and poa which leaves wtd I was told not to be more than 60 hours after breaks and poa which is easy to do.
now I ve heard rumour when cpc kicks in in September theres new wtd and you have to average your hours to 48 hours a week by law. anyone know whats what thank you in advance. gothika

Forget September, the 48hour week over the given reference period is already part of WTD.

Your company sounds like its run by ■■■■■ to be honest. If they are worried about your averages then they should be keeping a closer eye on their hours guard. They are just as responsible for it as you are.

I’d love to see their face if you said you can’t do that because you haven’t got enough average hours!

If you are on a set salary no matter what you do, or do not do, and the company are a RTD compliant one then you are on a winner because you might get a couple of extra paid holiday weeks :smiley:

gothika:
then I ve just been told boss is paying our cpc but we have to do it at work on a Saturday or sunday but don t get paid for coming top work.

I know what I’d say to that.

gothika:
I am on salary,

then I ve just been told boss is paying our cpc but we have to do it at work on a Saturday or sunday but don t get paid for coming top work.

I thought you said you were on salary…

Terry T:

gothika:

Yeah maybe, but look at it another way. You have to do the cpc, and if you’re company won’t pay for it, it’s coming out of your pocket. At least this way, while you might not be getting paid for it, you’re not really out of pocket either, and you’re cpc compliant

True. I’m one of the lucky ones, I get time and half to do it on Saturday :smiley:

Conor:

gothika:
I am on salary,

I thought you said you were on salary…

I am on salary mon to fri but if I work sat or sunday im paid by the hour overtime

Rat67:

Terry T:

gothika:

Yeah maybe, but look at it another way. You have to do the cpc, and if you’re company won’t pay for it, it’s coming out of your pocket. At least this way, while you might not be getting paid for it, you’re not really out of pocket either, and you’re cpc compliant

I was going to do my cpc anyway and pay for it myself I only need 2 days ,it doesn t bother me one driver is refusing to go in on weekend no overtime pay he,s an idiot because he ll still have to do cpc anyway

gothika:

Rat67:

Terry T:

gothika:

I was going to do my cpc anyway and pay for it myself I only need 2 days ,it doesn t bother me one driver is refusing to go in on weekend no overtime pay he,s an idiot because he ll still have to do cpc anyway

that all depends how you look at it and how big your balls are
as none of us had to do the cpc card we could of all said no and sat back and seen what would happen come sept but no most drivers have moaned there head off and gone and done it as they fear for there jobs but if we all right across the board stood our ground on this issue then we would of won
there are only a few of us who have said enough is enough as i am fed up with being told i can only earn 28 weeks pay averaged out over 48 hours per week robbing me of thousands of pounds in lost earnings £3,360 pounds to be exact i could earn extra if i was allowed to do 60 a week every week based on just 10 pounds an hour
thats how much we lose by being forced to do just 48 hours 12 hours a week shorter than normal it should be to stay in the law and thats a lot of lost money hence i am one of the drivers who has said farewell to this game when sept comes

desypete:
we could of all said no and sat back and seen what would happen come sept but no most drivers have moaned there head off and gone and done it as they fear for there jobs but if we all right across the board stood our ground on this issue then we would of won

you wouldn’t have won anything. as its down to the driver to do the DCPC.

in which case your employer could ask that every driver has complied by a set date at which point any driver not completed the DCPC could be dismissed. therefore the company could employ a new driver that’s DCPC compliant.

desypete:
there are only a few of us who have said enough is enough as i am fed up with being told i can only earn 28 weeks pay averaged out over 48 hours per week robbing me of thousands of pounds in lost earnings £3,360 pounds to be exact i could earn extra if i was allowed to do 60 a week every week based on just 10 pounds an hour
thats how much we lose by being forced to do just 48 hours 12 hours a week shorter than normal it should be to stay in the law and thats a lot of lost money hence i am one of the drivers who has said farewell to this game when sept comes

you can work shifts of 60hrs every week as long as your Breaks and poa bring the Working Time Down