W.I.T

hi just been past and there advertising for drivers so I called in as I have just passed my class 1 and my employer is taking the micky regarding moving me off class 2. they gave my a application form and told me they would take on new drivers, ill have my own truck WnD n will need to do as least 2 nights out. can anyone give me some up to date info on whats it like now to work for them,

thanks in advance

tonyb.:
How long is it going to be until people realise you cant do that sort of hours anymore.

Never because legally you can still work up to 60hrs in a week and that does not include PoA or breaks, just work/driving.

When Pawson transport went bust a few years ago several of their former drivers including a mate of mine applied for and got jobs at WIT.
Over the following year there seemed to be a downturn in work and WIT laid off a large chunk of staff (inc my mate) to the point the drivers expected the company to go bust, however it appears they survived and continued trading.

Hi all, not posted on here for ages but have still been reading the posts.
Is there anyone on here that knows something about W.I.T transport solutions in worksop based on the dukeries ind est ? had a really bad day at work with regards them trying to change our pay etc after being taken over 18months ago under tupe regs. So came in and saw the above in the worksop trader, so rang up and the lady seemed really nice. getting an app form posted tommorow so any info would be very much appreciated, thanks
still going to battle it out at work but cant get me head round working for the same company for less money ! just cant do it :cry: :cry: :cry:

A mate of mine has just left WIT. He was driving a 7.5 tonner with trailer for class 1 money delivering IBC’s all over the place. He got fed up because they kept sending him to Scotland & he wasn’t keen on more than one night out in a row. I applied for a job there about a year ago and it seemed OK (I had just passed class 1 so wanted to drive an artic, not 7.5 tonne), the money was reasonable from what I remember & there are plenty of hours available. You also get more money if you start before 4am & an extra hour per handball drop (apparently it’s easy handball though).

If you need anymore info I’ll try and get hold of him & find out.

Thanks for that, will fill form in and go for interveiw anyway if i get one. not had an interveiw for ages so could do with the practice :smiley:

funny though - I applied for a job in Bawtry (S.Yorks) in the saw mill near the A1 roundabout - think it was something parkers. He couldn’t take me on due to the experience as needed someone going into the woods to collect the trees… so he asked me if it was okay to pass my details onto WIT a connection he had - fair enough - 15 min later I got a call from WIT and spoke to the lass on the phone. She mentioned that they collect and delivery those big 1ton liquid containers with cages on. Sounds a good job :slight_smile:

Now waiting for the App form, and she said I could have a interview on a Sat to suit me as I work 9-5 Mon-fri…

Just waiting now :smiley:

theghostofcain what was the pay like and are you in work all of the time - the last thing I want to do is give up my “secure” job at the moment and jumping in with 2 feet to find I have no work after 2 months? - not really a good idea when you got a mortgag. I want to take the 1st chance I can get now and in todays Lincs Paper there is loads of LGV 1 and 2 jobs - gonna be busy on the phone tomorrow :wink:

xlthunter:
theghostofcain what was the pay like and are you in work all of the time - the last thing I want to do is give up my “secure” job at the moment and jumping in with 2 feet to find I have no work after 2 months? - not really a good idea when you got a mortgag. I want to take the 1st chance I can get now and in todays Lincs Paper there is loads of LGV 1 and 2 jobs - gonna be busy on the phone tomorrow :wink:

the money was pretty good (sorry, I can’t remember exact rate). You will be working full-time, 5 days a week, have no fear! I’m not sure if they work at weekends but if they do, it’s not compulsary.

The lady was supposed to be posting me an app form on thursday but after being away for 2 nights I still have not received it :question:

Got mine on Thurs morning - called them yesterday as It asks from a photocopy of my license (waiting from DVLA) spoke to them about it (she is away) said not a problem -but low and behold it came today. So gonna fill this out tonight and drop it off tomorrow.

mmmmm, wonder what happened to mine then :confused:

W.I.T. pay £7.80 ph, but they pay a training bonus of £6.40 for the first few weeks. There is no overtime rate unless you work saturdays. Night out rate is £23.50 and they DON’T pay parking. Start times seem to be between 3 - 4 in the morning. Most weeks my mate did 60 - 65 hours.

If you fancy working nights (starting between 9 and midnight) & want to earn £600 a week, PM me.

There was an article about one of their rigs in Trucking a couple of months ago

theghostofcain:
W.I.T. pay £7.80 ph, but they pay a training bonus of £6.40 for the first few weeks. There is no overtime rate unless you work saturdays. Night out rate is £23.50 and they DON’T pay parking. Start times seem to be between 3 - 4 in the morning. Most weeks my mate did 60 - 65 hours.

If you fancy working nights (starting between 9 and midnight) & want to earn £600 a week, PM me.

How long is it going to be until people realise you cant do that sort of hours anymore.
If drivers were doing the job properly theyd soon find that the rates being offered are well below what they should be.

Tony b