W.T.D.

Any news yet Brothers■■? :confused:

yeah it’s due next march :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: wot they let you out for weekend tony :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
yeah it’s due next march :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: wot they let you out for weekend tony :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They had to let him out KK, he’s got to buy a new mop and bucket

Dan.

I’ m with you on this one Tony. In Kent, the driver shortage is becoming severe and the impending arrival of the WTD is sending wages sky-high.

The firms currently settlling , such as Gist, are already advertsing for drivers at £9 per hour minimum basic pay, and my guess is that it will be around £12 in a year’s time. Plus, we will get more time with our families.

I can’t understand why anyone would oppose it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Vince

don’t bank on that wtd coming in vince,there are already companies out on strike due to this wtd,as early as today(friday) links where out on strike and will be out monday of next week.and i can bet they won’t be the last. :wink:

lynx are striking for better pay not the opposing the introduction of WTD
if you dont earn enough apply for working tax credit.

hitch:
lynx are striking for better pay not the opposing the introduction of WTD
if you dont earn enough apply for working tax credit.

they have apparently been offered 6% over two years,and a 50hr week,so with the 48 coming via wtd they won’t even get there 1st 50hrs in.

but why should anyone have to claim any benefits to support their families :question:

Where are you getting all the info from on WTD

I thought 48 hours is the average working time in a week and waiting time and non working time still has to be paid. time spent on ferries, docks or in an RDC queue is not counted in the WTD

if hitch would like to read this weeks C.M mag they will see that it is not all of the lynx depots that are on strike.
it is only some of the scottish depots and even then it is only some of the drivers and it does not say it is to do with the WTD it is because they are still arguing over there annual wage review.

kitkat:
don’t bank on that wtd coming in vince,there are already companies out on strike due to this wtd,as early as today(friday) links where out on strike and will be out monday of next week.and i can bet they won’t be the last. :wink:

I think you have been misled as to this story kitkat- the strike at lynx is nothing to do with the WTD, but is about pay.

Fleet drivers are seeing, on an everyday basis, what effect the WTD is having. Typically, pay improvements of around 35%.

There were at one stage drivers who held the opinion that the WTD would cause a reduction in wages, but almost all of these are now prepared to accept that this has not and will not happen.

To anybody still unsure as to the effects of the WTD, I would simply say “Read Commercial Motor”

Vince

Urm? Apply for the tax credit?
What if you’re not in a family? Doesn’t apply to single people you know.

Who would accept a job, where the pay was so low they would be elligible for Working Tax Credit■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Talk about Mop and Bucket Money :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

allikat:

I know somebody who’s single who is getting it.

allikat:

Of course it applies to single people!
Child tax credit is an all together diferant tax credit and only applies to persons with a child!

Other Tax credits apply to other people

I still agree that with a full time driving job Tax credits should not be needed, a fair days work for a fair days pay, it shouldnt be too much to ask!

TC:
I still agree that with a full time driving job Tax credits should not be needed, a fair days work for a fair days pay, it shouldnt be too much to ask!

With any full time job even! My friend works in a theatre 5-6 days a week on shifts and gets a wage I wouldn’t consider doing a 9-5 involving drinking tea and reading papers for. The actual tax credit isn’t ■■■■ all either, but it’s better than nothing.