VOSA Prohibition

A truck i was driving last week got a prohibition, with a two day exemption to allow it to get fixed.

I am supposed to be driving the truck again next week, can i contact VOSA to make sure 100% the prohibtion has been lifted before i drive this truck ?

It will more then likely need either a full MOT or a part MOT before the PG9 is lifted, with the current waiting times I would think it is unlikely a test would be able to be booked in time - but things might be different in your area!

Its a seal on the tachograph, old fashioned type motometer.

VOSA guy said the seal was intact and nothing dodgy with it but at some point someone has been trying to get at it there is a couple of marks.

He wants it re-sealed and details faxed through to him for clearance from what i understand.

Its just for me to check this has all been done and the vehicle is legally allowed to be on the road. I pick up the truck early morning Tues and don’t want to get down the road and find its still on a prohibition.

Kenny1975:
Its a seal on the tachograph, old fashioned type motometer.

VOSA guy said the seal was intact and nothing dodgy with it but at some point someone has been trying to get at it there is a couple of marks.

He wants it re-sealed and details faxed through to him for clearance from what i understand.

Its just for me to check this has all been done and the vehicle is legally allowed to be on the road. I pick up the truck early morning Tues and don’t want to get down the road and find its still on a prohibition.

Not your problem, but the operator is a fool if he lets it go out like that :unamused: