Vosa prohibitions

when you get a delayed prohibition, usually 7 days.
you get the vehicle fixed, then you book it in to a vosa testing station get the prohibition lifted, and pay a fee.
the trouble is, they are closing a lot of testing stations.
so why can’t we just get it fixed, then pull in at one of the many check points and get the prohibition sorted out?
the check point people are qualified to issue a prohibition, so they should be qualified to lift it also.

I believe your vehicle will basically have a full MOT check to get the prohibition lifted, that’s probably the reason.

I got a delayed PG9 in Larne for a missing clip on a the EBS cable. Borrowed a lead from one of the other lads and went back to the check, showed him the new cable. He signed off and lifted the prohibition right away.

DAFMAD:
I believe your vehicle will basically have a full MOT check to get the prohibition lifted, that’s probably the reason.

that is incorrect.

what will happen is, the inspector will only check the PG9 item to lift the prohibition, then after it has been lifted, they will do a “voluntary” :laughing: :laughing: brake test

he is not allowed to check anything else other that the brakes and the item(s) that got the vehicle/trailer the PG9 in the first place

shuttlespanker:

DAFMAD:

that is incorrect.

what will happen is, the inspector will only check the PG9 item to lift the prohibition, then after it has been lifted, they will do a “voluntary” :laughing: :laughing: brake test

he is not allowed to check anything else other that the brakes and the item(s) that got the vehicle/trailer the PG9 in the first place

Just going by what I was told quite recently when I got a delayed PG9 or whatever they call it now. Vosa man said, it will basically get a MOT check.

end of February 2007, my trailer got a delayed PG9 for a missing spray supression flap off of the rear wheel arch, i was given 10 days to get it rectified and taken to a VOSA testing station to have the PG9 lifted.

when i arrived at the test station, the only thing they checked was the spray supression flap, removed the PG9, then asked me to do a “voluntary” brake test.

there was no other faults on the truck or the trailer, i had ripped the flap off on a high curb.

another time, one of my units picked up a delayed PG9 for a broken exhaust bracket, the exhaust came loose and started blowing, we got the fault fixed, i took the truck down to the test staion with a fully freighted trailer (in anticipation of the voluntary brake test), they checked the fault, removed the PG9 and then did the brake test.

after being given the all clear, the examiner came accross to me and “suggested” that i get another item looked at :wink:

it was a truck i had just purchased with MoT and started running it before giving it a thorough going over like i normally do :blush:

Perhaps he was talking to me when I wasn’t listening. :laughing: He said something like that anyway.
Didn’t they used to be called a GV9
How many types of prohibition and checks to lift them are there these days ?

DAFMAD:

When you get a PG9 it will say wether its lifted by Full or Partial inspection. Full inspection means an MOT AND they issue you with a new certificate.

Steve

neversweat1:

DAFMAD:

When you get a PG9 it will say wether its lifted by Full or Partial inspection. Full inspection means an MOT AND they issue you with a new certificate.

Steve

Thanks, I knew I didn’t imagine it. :laughing:

Breaker One-Nine:
I got a delayed PG9 in Larne for a missing clip on a the EBS cable. Borrowed a lead from one of the other lads and went back to the check, showed him the new cable. He signed off and lifted the prohibition right away.

Then put your original back on again :smiley: