Prohibition notice

I got pulled in by vosa (along with many others) s/b a74 north of Lockerbie . guy wanders over and starts to chat ,where you been/going/what are you carrying etc all very amicable and sociable . I mentioned I had taken a 15 at Crawford on my way to Glasgow and had taken a further 30 as my day had reached the 6hr mark while I was waiting 2hrs to get loaded by going for a wander around the estate . I also mentioned I would be stopping at Lockerbie for my dinner.any way while all this is going on the guy is downloading data from my tacho, he then informed me that I had forgotten to switch mode to sleep while on my 30 but as it was plain to see the truck hadn’t moved he was prepared to overlook it . he then went on to say that the tacho was in the wrong place (under the dash) it should be higher up where I could see it ,and I would probably not have forgotten to change mode had I had a visual reminder . he then provided me with a copy of the regulations regarding the positioning of tacho units and a notice to get it rectified within 7 days .I imagine if the guy had been a jobsworth it could have been worse . suffice to say my gaffer aint too chuffed about it especially as it is only 3 weeks since truck passed its mot .

I drove a merc last year with the tacho mounted under the dash, it was a right pain in the arse as i had to get out of the cab to check it and change mode.

What a thoroughly decent chap.

Re: prohibition notice
by Silver_Surfer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

What a thoroughly decent chap.

That’s what I was thinking. Not all ■■■■■ then. Everyone I have felt with has had a similar attitude too as it goes.

I got got one at switch island on Monday for a faulty exhaust brake, now fixed but can’t get an MOT booked until Tuesday. I’m on locals in the shunter so Mr Vosa has cost me a couple of hundred quid in over time, ■■■■■■■

There are some decent folk about… I got pulled onto the hard shoulder near Clacket Lane yesterday … the very nice policewoman had spotted a strap which had worked itself loose off the backstop ratchet, which I couldn’t see in my mirrors… She offered to stick around while i tied it up, as my hivis was in my o/s locker…wished me a safe journey, before she left too… :slight_smile:

But hold on aren’t the head units on magnums under the dash/ to the side and under some if the old lf 7.5 tonners are to the right and under the dash

syramax:
I got pulled in by vosa (along with many others) s/b a74 north of Lockerbie . guy wanders over and starts to chat ,where you been/going/what are you carrying etc all very amicable and sociable . I mentioned I had taken a 15 at Crawford on my way to Glasgow and had taken a further 30 as my day had reached the 6hr mark while I was waiting 2hrs to get loaded by going for a wander around the estate . I also mentioned I would be stopping at Lockerbie for my dinner.any way while all this is going on the guy is downloading data from my tacho, he then informed me that I had forgotten to switch mode to sleep while on my 30 but as it was plain to see the truck hadn’t moved he was prepared to overlook it . he then went on to say that the tacho was in the wrong place (under the dash) it should be higher up where I could see it ,and I would probably not have forgotten to change mode had I had a visual reminder . he then provided me with a copy of the regulations regarding the positioning of tacho units and a notice to get it rectified within 7 days .I imagine if the guy had been a jobsworth it could have been worse . suffice to say my gaffer aint too chuffed about it especially as it is only 3 weeks since truck passed its mot .

What vehicle where you in and what year was the vehicle?

mutley:
I got got one at switch island on Monday for a faulty exhaust brake, now fixed but can’t get an MOT booked until Tuesday. I’m on locals in the shunter so Mr Vosa has cost me a couple of hundred quid in over time, [zb]

Sorry, but why is that mr vosa,s fault?

madmackem:

mutley:
I got got one at switch island on Monday for a faulty exhaust brake, now fixed but can’t get an MOT booked until Tuesday. I’m on locals in the shunter so Mr Vosa has cost me a couple of hundred quid in over time, [zb]

+1

This is good to hear. A guy with a bit of common sense, judgement and a decent attitude.

dafpower:
But hold on aren’t the head units on magnums under the dash/ to the side and under some if the old lf 7.5 tonners are to the right and under the dash

Yep.

dafpower:

Same on most coaches too.

madmackem:

mutley:

According to our fitters and the book they have the fault is not serious enough for a prohibition so he was being a jobs worth, that’s what they’re telling me anyway

So how the frig can they enforce the mad cap self made law if so many are like this surely they would need to pull EVERY vehicle

mutley:

madmackem:

mutley:

According to our fitters and the book they have the fault is not serious enough for a prohibition so he was being a jobs worth, that’s what they’re telling me anyway

Aye that was a bit harsh, not as if you actually HAVE to use the zauster is it?

Done without it since I’ve had the motor, coming up three years

It seems you passed the “attitude test” and the tacho mode switch error.
They know we are humans,that make mistakesIf you started yelling and swearing,the outcome would have been different.
In Europe,they may have got a lot more money off you.
The Basque and Catalan regions of Spain have a reputation.
The DVSA are aware we leave crossed hammers on by mistake to record a daily rest.They would see no movement.

Can someone show me this regulation where it is stated where the tacho unit has to be placed in a vehicle and if VOSA don’t like the ones on a dash board then why the heck havnt they stopped the sale of these vehicles with dashboard units…

Seems they the jobs worthy ■■■■ wipes at VOSA haven’t changed over the years

Swampey2418:
Can someone show me this regulation where it is stated where the tacho unit has to be placed in a vehicle and if VOSA don’t like the ones on a dash board then why the heck havnt they stopped the sale of these vehicles with dashboard units…

Seems they the jobs worthy ■■■■ wipes at VOSA haven’t changed over the years

Like this? Fitting digital tachograph units in cars and vans - GOV.UK
The language is “VOSA considers it unacceptable…” which I’m not sure is strong enough for infringement