VOSA alert...

ok not sure how many of you know but for the last 2 saturdays VOSA have had a checkpoint set up at the southbound trowell services,not sure if they were doing it over on the northbound,they could be there again tomorrow so best to avoid trowell services if you can… :wink:

So you condone the sort of behaviour they are there to stop then ?

Chas:

wow someone got out the wrong side of the bed… :open_mouth: ,does it say anywhere in my post that i condone anyones behaviour,no it doesnt so take a chill pill… :unamused:

why would you want to avoid them? got something to hide?

mark41:
does it say anywhere in my post that i condone anyones behaviour,no it doesnt so take a chill pill… :unamused:

Your post doesn’t need to say " I personally condone drivers fiddling their tacho’s whilst operating an unsafe vehicle ", but by announcing to the world that there’s a regular checkpoint & it should be avoided . . . Well, it just seems to me that you want to give a ‘heads up’ to all those who might have reason to avoid VOSA checkpoints :sunglasses:

Chas:

and you would like to go sit with those nice vosa people and waste an hour of your saturday would you? i wouldnt iv nothing to hide but would rather not waste anymore of my time!

mucker85:
why would you want to avoid them? got something to hide?

Ive got nothing to hide, the truck i drive is all up together with 6 weekly’s etc but i’d still rather avoid them to be honest.
I hear alot horror storys, zero tollerance, petty crap like a 30 quid fine for a side marker out etc etc.
I also hear that they are self funded so to nail you for something is in their best interest to generate revenue. I heard that from a driver / tacho trainer i know.

Nothing to fear from them either (usually in a 61 plate) but can do without extra delays :unamused: .

Clock in, do the job, clock out, keep down time to an absolute minimum, avoid the so called professional drivers and always think about the children, sorted :grimacing:

Hiya…to me its because there so bolshy…also if your in some kind of hurry they can stick an hour on your trip.
i was out in my unit one day on the A55 this vosa chap come along side of me and forced me onto a slip road
he then shot off to a roundabout to the weighbridge as it happened he never indicated for me to follow.
i live off to the left and went towards home…within a second he was behind me saying you.ll never get to
bla bla this way…i said iam going home…ok so where do you live …i replyied 2nd left up hear…
he said whats your post code…i did go back to the check station he asked where’s your trailer i told him
i don’t have one, he said theres grease on the plate…i said i was tested last week and the grease was off their
test trailer… he just was’nt very happy
John

Chas:

mark41:
does it say anywhere in my post that i condone anyones behaviour,no it doesnt so take a chill pill… :unamused:

Your post doesn’t need to say " I personally condone drivers fiddling their tacho’s whilst operating an unsafe vehicle ", but by announcing to the world that there’s a regular checkpoint & it should be avoided . . . Well, it just seems to me that you want to give a ‘heads up’ to all those who might have reason to avoid VOSA checkpoints :sunglasses:

i see your point about drivers who might want to avoid because they have something to hide but the reason i originally posted this info was for the majority of the “legal” drivers who dont want their time wasting with a spot check,if you are dodgy then VOSA will get you one day,oh and no i dont have anything to hide and the vehicles i drive are all new and in road worthy condition… :sunglasses:

I avoid VOSA if I can because I was pulled around 7 times in 18 months, never anything wrong, the company I worked for had a green light, just lucky I guess :unamused:

Thanks for the heads up Mark. NOT, I hasten to add, because I’m dodgy, but because if I’m on the M6 on a Saturday I’m heading home, and would rather not waste any time on the way.

Another willy waving thread

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928678,-3.270479
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Another willy waving thread

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928678,-3.270479
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist [zb]

:confused:

Chas:

I bet you don’t like drivers flashing at each other when a camera van is out working, even though the flash slows the driver down in your village lanes.

The Sarge:
Thanks for the heads up Mark. NOT, I hasten to add, because I’m dodgy, but because if I’m on the M6 on a Saturday I’m heading home, and would rather not waste any time on the way.

actually my mistake in original post as i didnt put that its trowell services on the M1 hopefully they wont be on the M6 aswell… :laughing:

My bad, didn’t read properly :blush: Same thing tho’ - if I’m on the M1 on a Saturday I’m heading home :laughing:

Still can’t work out how I read Trowell and thought Knutsford :confused: