Vosa checkpoint

Gloucster msa northbound with a unmarked dark blue BMW spotter just prior.

Just a heads up!!

At least you can get a tasty sausage roll at the services while they tear your wagon apart!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Glad I didnt bother with that one today, although figured they’d be less likely there as they cant “trap you” coming in.

The one on the M11 had a full blown setup on monday, pulling trucks as they came into the truck park bit. You cant see them until you’re committed to that bit. To give them their due, they were quick and helpful.

M25 J9 Leatherhead.

Vosa building Pits for MOT type of checks. You better have a spotless truck coming that way :slight_smile:

Strange one on Tuesday Vosa car parked up on A1 between Hatfield and south mimms southbound hidden in the grass verge,can only be seen from northbound carriageway seemed sneaky.

Mullens:
Strange one on Tuesday Vosa car parked up on A1 between Hatfield and south mimms southbound hidden in the grass verge,can only be seen from northbound carriageway seemed sneaky.

Most probably on a wannabe copper power trip mate. Most likely get a kick out of laughing at the numpties in cars hitting the brakes when they spot them. No other reason for it that I can think of because if they were sat out in the open its not as if anyone could spin around and go the other way once they’d seen them is it?

They like parking on slip roads too, behind the trees so you can’t see them. Think it was on the A42 I saw one the other day doing that - didn’t need to hide that way as the exit and entrance sliproads are far enough apart that no one would actually see him in time even if parked normally. Hopefully he got a sore neck trying to pear into that mirror. :slight_smile:

I do suspect they’ll be adding more of these checks to the service stations - probably a nice little earner for them as presumably VOSA / DVSA have to pay to take up the spaces.

trevHCS:
Glad I didnt bother with that one today, although figured they’d be less likely there as they cant “trap you” coming in.

The one on the M11 had a full blown setup on monday, pulling trucks as they came into the truck park bit. You cant see them until you’re committed to that bit. To give them their due, they were quick and helpful.

I was in there myself and saw the sly ■■■■■ at it. They were pulling loads and not just your run of the mill “pulls” you’d expect. 2 lard arses were walking around the truck park and checking trucks whilst they were on brake if I’m not mistaken.

Dan ze Man:
M25 J9 Leatherhead.

Vosa building Pits for MOT type of checks. You better have a spotless truck coming that way :slight_smile:

Not being funny but your basic walk around checks don’t expect you to crawl under the truck and check every Nuck and cranny underneath the trailer or truck.

Dan ze Man:
M25 J9 Leatherhead.

Christ,don’t even make a joke about something like this! before you know it’ll have morphed,via MMTM and countless RDC waiting room ■■■■■■■■ merchants, into £100 fines for not crawling under with a power wash lance and a toffee hammer in your 15min walkround.Add another £30 for the old"every turn off the landing leg handle" fairy story and you’ve got a whole days DCPC course :unamused: :laughing:

Thats when you get a battle between VOSA and HSE since you aren’t trained to enter the space below the trailer or unit without the appropriate restraint to prevent the thing from theoretically moving due to sudden complete failure of the braking system (regardless of emergency brakes).

At this point the RDC brigade will have the stories of the trucks which are stuck in MSE’s because even the VOSA people can’t do such roadside checks but they can’t sign the truck off as knowingly fit for purpose so can’t allow it back on the road, thus the MSE eventually fills up with trucks in no-mans (erm, no-persons)* land while it’s all going through the EU courts for years.

• Phew, Animal would have me strung up for that near mistake, which is probably more painful than a prod from a VOSA official! :wink:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Dan ze Man:
M25 J9 Leatherhead.

Not being funny but your basic walk around checks don’t expect you to crawl under the truck and check every Nuck and cranny underneath the trailer or truck.

I think this will be more to a company that to a driver.

EU trucks will be hit the hardest.
Imagine Truck that fails MOT in VOSA pit. It can’t go back on the road.

Storage fees. Fixing fees, fines. ETC. Basically money making System.