Question for the vosa chap on here (or anybody in the know)

got pulled today for a spot check never been stopped before so straight away the nerves start to kick in case they find something, wagon and trailer fine, taco fine so I was told (thew that’s a relief), my question is do they tell you on the spot if you have infringments or do the results of your taco get analysed later and something will appear in the Christmas post?

They do it on the spot - it is the same for all drivers - can you imagine what would happen if it was a non UK driver that got something weeks later !!!

You might have infringements but they are only minor and every now and then so won’t be bothered, people think vosa are out to screw you over but I think most are just human like the rest of us and will get you on your way asap

thanks for the replies chaps, that’s reassuring, I did the chat along a bit and done the nodding :laughing: :laughing: , they were quit friendly :laughing: , bearing in mind it was a 64 plate truck aswell

At the end of the day if you are polite and can answer any questions with confidence and give the impression you are competent they won’t be interested. Calling them vostapo and telling them what a waste of time it is etc you’re going to stir the hornets nest

still nerve racking though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Past the attitude test and you’ll be fine even with the odd minor infringement. As others have said if you belittle them and give them grief then expect them to go to town on the truck, trailer and your digicard/tachos to find something. Then your minor infringements become a more serious issue.

Yes Sir no Sir, always worked for me when I have been pulled

Did you get a document confirming vehicle check?

098Joe:

Same with Plod, most are Ok & ifs polite usually turns out ok, shame there are a few Knobs in uniform who can easily get your dander up, just try to keep it buttoned !!

yes that came back none, none, none :smiley: :smiley:

well I was on the a34 s/b and just caught a glance of the vosa chaps in the layby as I was just going to overtake another artic but thought well if there in there there’s going to be a pc companion at the bottom of the hill, so I just slotted in behind the artic and passed the pc at 50mph, looking in the mirror still no sign of them so just carried on till I got to the a303 turning, then I got the message ‘follow me’ :laughing: :laughing:

I used to like the days of running bent, DVSA=killjoy:grin:

I know some drivers that are scared to death of vosa,I have been a naughty boy in the past but never had a problem with them.
If you are polite and don’t gob off then you will be fine.
If you have infringments they will tell you there and then.

Vosa are on our side if they were not there we would have trucks not safe or fit for work,the hours are long but I would say that without vosa out and about the hours would be a dam site longer

A nice vosa man once told me they spy on each other’s car mot test results !

A few weeks back I was coming round the bottom of the M25 between 8-9 and my O/S/F curtain pole came out and was flapping about. I thought stuff stopping on the hard shoulder so popped in to their place at Jnc 9. They couldn’t of been any more helpful and even had one of the guys tighten the back up as I held the front pole in.
I just see them as guys/girls doing a job to try and make our roads safer. Oh and no they didn’t want to see my tacho :slight_smile:

Toddy2:

098Joe:

Same with Plod, most are Ok & ifs polite usually turns out ok, shame there are a few Knobs in uniform who can easily get your dander up, just try to keep it buttoned !!

Yep, the good old attitude test, can get you out of some sticky situations at times!

Vosa in Hopwood today stopped a flip flop, when i walked over to services from lorry park noticed there galaxy van parked in coach area engine running nobody inside it!!