vosa

the last few weeks seen a lot of vosa checkpoints in service areas.M1 at woodall services southbond tonight at 18.45 there it was part of the truck park coned of .they been on m6 early hours sunday mornin at jnt18 are they havin sometype of clampdown

They pretty much live in the BP @ Boreham Interchange, and i’ve seen a few trucks pulled over near the Dartford Crossing, always in the same spot.

aye m8 there everyware saw them last week at dumfries then they were in stranraer harbour then cairnryan then the weighbridge at castle kennedy was open tuesday as you said there havin a clamp down

The checkpoint on the M6 northbound in Staffs is like a lorry park for foreigners nowadays,

paulfromwire:
The checkpoint on the M6 northbound in Staffs is like a lorry park for foreigners nowadays,

Same at S/bach in Cheshire, (Your new Vosa pulling point :question: :neutral_face: ) looks like they’ll need a shuttle service to the local cash machine and that’s just securicor having to keep refilling it :laughing:

Oh well it’s what the British truckies wanted a more level playing field :slight_smile:

UK truckers complained for ages that foreigners were ‘getting away with it’ so it seems that now VOSA have their new powers to ‘level the playing field’ thay are making a big show of doing just that.

My guess is that if VOSA stop enough of them for trying to take the [ZB] on our roads then the ‘message’ will be sent abroad quickly and loudly.

I think that more VOSA checkpoints will be seen over the next 12 months to make the ‘point’

Yes, this may inconvenience some UK truckers more than usual but what would everyone rather have
(A) less VOSA with more unsafe foreign trucks and drivers
or
(B) more VOSA and less unsafe foreign trucks and drivers
(A) :question: or (B) :question:

(C): No vosa, no rules, no TC’s.

they are just using their new powers on behalf of the government to make money, just like the French.
just watch the fines start to rise over the next few years.
then there will be targets.

Looking at it another way it would mean more jobs.

but then some smart arse will go ZB it up just like anyone breaking the rules now.
easy way not to get caught

STAY LEGAL

Well if the fines stop the bent running jonny foreigner then I’m all for it. My cards are in order and my vehicle is in good health so I have nothing to fear.

ROG:
UK truckers complained for ages that foreigners were ‘getting away with it’ so it seems that now VOSA have their new powers to ‘level the playing field’ thay are making a big show of doing just that.

My guess is that if VOSA stop enough of them for trying to take the [ZB] on our roads then the ‘message’ will be sent abroad quickly and loudly.

I think that more VOSA checkpoints will be seen over the next 12 months to make the ‘point’

Yes, this may inconvenience some UK truckers more than usual but what would everyone rather have
(A) less VOSA with more unsafe foreign trucks and drivers
or
(B) more VOSA and less unsafe foreign trucks and drivers
(A) :question: or (B) :question:

This is all ok til VOSA realise how much money they can make … then they will start on the UK boys too ( don’t tell me the UK drivers are entirely innocent).
Your remark about ‘unsafe’ foreign trucks doesn’t hold water these days as if you was to open your eyes, the days of Eastern Europeans driving around in motors held together with baling wire and gaffer tape are long gone. Most of them are in better trucks than our’s nowadays.

But what actually grabs me is the disparity in the fines. OK, we all want safer drivers on the roads and I fully agree with that.
Let me give you three examples. All three of these guys are known to me personally and it is NOT ‘pub talk’ as I have seen the tickets.

Driver A) Caught on a Sunday night at 2100 at Oxford with a card in, but nothing written on it.
Driver B) Captured at Crick and parked up for 45 hours due to insufficient weekly rest.
Driver C) Despite VOSA going over truck and trailer with a fine tooth comb, all cards being scanned etc (this took 90 minutes) and finding nothing wrong except for a little ticket on the inside of the drivers door that said the unit had been calibrated with 295’s on but he had 315’s on the unit.

All three were fined … I’ll come back tomorrow morning before I go to Fortress Stamford Bridge and reveal the fines etc. In the meantime, have some fun by having a guess!!!

I think it would be fair to say that there are ‘over-zealous’ individuals in any large enforcement agency and it is usually only those we hear about.
How often do we hear about good safe truckers on the news - never!! - but the minority of bad ones get the press so therefore we must all be bad - mustn’t we :question: :unamused:

vosa at carlil all the time boy pull use and were leagal cuz we have are irish plates on thats the only reason if we went down with english plates they wouldnt care about use

Ive been stopped twice at carlisle in the last month - both times ive had a full tacho check :open_mouth:

Ive been stopped in the past for a quick tap on the wheels but never once for tachos. But now they have the power to fine you at the side of the road, i suspect the new money making machine for the treasury will be in overdrive to bail out another bank :unamused: .

drivers card - stealth tax
new cpc - stealth tax
60 quid fine for making a mistake on a tacho or a bulb out - stealth tax

all funded by vocational drivers - not many professions have to fork out so much money to do a job

dont mind me i just hate vosa with a passion after they kept me at carlisle for 90 minutes thus me being rejected at morrisons bellshill

■■■■■■■ idiots :imp:

i saw VOSA today for the first time in 4 weeks :exclamation: , not seen them out and about etc etc until today, in an unlikely place - dare say on their way to the m25, spotted at cheshunt just off the A10. was beggining to think they had been dispanded :exclamation:

If anybody is issued with a fixed penalty, you do have the right to decline it. I have been told that by our fine constbulary, I was voicing my concerns to a friend who is in the force.
Personally if I am stopped by any officer of the law/regulations etc. I am not saying a word to anyone…I have the right to remain silent. :wink:
P.S. The company that I work for and for me as an individual, there are no irregularities…I just don`t see why we should always roll over like a good little dog, they are going to have to earn their money if they stop me.

I do believe that everyone has the legal right to ‘contest’ any issued penalty.
A court will make the final decision.

Couple of weeks back the Boss asked me to pull into Michaelwood services on the M5 to wait for a phonecall, vosa checkpoint was there and i was pulled but only got a walkround check and all was ok :smiley:

i saw them in woodhall s/bound thurs evening they wer checking a bronze coloured volvo fh on english plates

merc0447:
Ive been stopped twice at carlisle in the last month - both times ive had a full tacho check :open_mouth:

Ive been stopped in the past for a quick tap on the wheels but never once for tachos. But now they have the power to fine you at the side of the road, i suspect the new money making machine for the treasury will be in overdrive to bail out another bank :unamused: .

drivers card - stealth tax
new cpc - stealth tax
60 quid fine for making a mistake on a tacho or a bulb out - stealth tax

all funded by vocational drivers - not many professions have to fork out so much money to do a job

dont mind me i just hate vosa with a passion after they kept me at carlisle for 90 minutes thus me being rejected at morrisons bellshill

[zb] idiots :imp:

ps,check out the automatic weigh sensors(two square blocks)in the carriageway (both lanes) just at junction 44,right between the roundabout above the top,and the adjacent hut at the left.this flags up any overweight axles,so if they are doing weigh checks,they already know if someone is overweight as they pass over this.

tofer:
Well if the fines stop the bent running jonny foreigner then I’m all for it. My cards are in order and my vehicle is in good health so I have nothing to fear.

Well said include me on that one :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: