Volvo F10 FJ Rickets Lincs resto project

DSC00304.JPG

Hi this is " our vera " found on ebay in Essex owned by a agri dealer , after spotting the reg I knew it was one of our local wagons . The dealer turned out to be a top fella wanting to see his old wagon saved . A deal was done over the phone so off to collect her, only to find out she was owned by my neighbour from new and sold off upon his retirement. So once back home work started to put her back in its original state as I have many photos from the good days. My old neighbour Harold was so pleased to know she was back home , unfortunately he passed away before I had completed the project . Will be showing her on the 2012 scene. Hope it is of some interest. More pictures and news of the project coming up! Watch this space!

DSC00318.JPG

On way back on my pals (S lyons , Skellingthorpe) .

This is "our vera " on her very early days. If any one has any pics let me know . Cheers.

Off to paint shop for a good sand blasting ! I have done alot of fabrication work at this point , the cab was near perfect with it being one of the last generation 3 of the F10 .

In to the paintshop of Neils at Premier Paints at Brans Burton near Beverley.

Very nice looks like it’s been looked after are you putting it back in rickets colours will be nice to see it when it’s done. Are you from bicker then I’ve got an erf which I’m hoping to show this year I keep it at swineshead. Dave

im a scania man through and through but that model of volvo has always took my fancy, proper trucks which actually give out abit of smoke and sound like there doing sumet when there pulling, me and my mate used to drive a y redg f12 and a b regd f10 round his dads yard when we were kids. am currently restoring a 143 i keep it near winterton in lincolnshire

Yes, she’s going back in Ricketts colours, she was sign written up last Autumn. I’ll post some more pictures this week, she’s not far off now and hopefully will be at some of the shows this year - big and small !!

Do you know where this photo was taken?

I am trying to identify a couple of the motorbikes

Scania 27

Was that F12 reg.no. FEE 140Y by any chance ? Did many a mile in that motor.

Cheers Bassman

Sussed it. I think it was at Heckington Lincs

Bassman it was LFW 539Y but as you probs know my dad owned FEE 140Y before Russ then it was parked in checkbulds yard as there wrecker but it dissapeared when they packed the scrapyard in

Scania27
IIRC your Dad had 140Y when he came to Russ, Russ started running it later and Pat Colley had it, when he wasn’t on it I was.
I knew it finished up at Checkbuild as a wrecker but didn’t know what happened to it after.

Bassman

i,d really like to know where it went to im guessing it got exported maybe but i hope not