Some proper volvos!

What the hell, Mat, let’s give this a well-deserved ‘bump’ from three years ago! :wink:

Take a look at THESE beauties!

well there was nothing on the telly, so i have been scanning, just made myself a horlicks (im so rock and roll!!!) and going to share some great volvos with you.

everything is pre fh in this thread, im sorry for the quality, as they have been scanned from pictures taken by me or my family, and when i took them i was a kid/teenager, and definatly no david bailey (not much better now :blush: )

anyway enjoy…

more…

Nice pics once again Euromat. One or two “bell” ringers in that collection.
Just out of curiosity where were they taken ■■?

montana man:
Nice pics once again Euromat. One or two “bell” ringers in that collection.
Just out of curiosity where were they taken ■■?

well they were either taken around felixstowe or truckworld mainly, a few exceptions

any info on any of them would be great!!!

Lovely picts mate , brings back happy memories, love seeing old F12s and F16s esp the globies , a friend had a F10 globie (unusual) ran for larkin of liverpool (80’s) red wagons and trailers altho his F10 was silver ,previous owner had shown it in a good few truck shows!

only one i can shed any light on is last one - one of lindsay speak’s old motors, ran commie block in the 80s/90s and middle east before that i think

that shaumatt outfit look interesting - anyone know anything about them?

all i know about shaumatt is that they ran fridges out of truckworld, no idea where they went, they had volvos, erfs from memory, not sure what if anything else

right motors

Nice pictures,love the one’s took at my second home(Felixstowe!).I’d kill for a bit of sunshine like those one’s took at Felixstowe.

thanks very much for the great photos, a very nice selection

of Volvos,

briliant picktures mate thanks for sharing them with us :sunglasses:

Great pics mat

Manchetts Recovery? Is that the same as in Manchetts Transport,came from out near Ely/Cambridge area?
They closed down a couple of years ago I beleive after the old man died.
Always used to see one of their drivers (can’t remember his name,but was always moaning about his missus or his Austin Montego) on the Ipswich North Sea Ferries.

And that Frans Maas pic,is that an old J.D.Fairweather F88/89 in the background?

Bit disappointed you haven’t got any pics of Julian Mead’s fleet of Globies (remember them?).

Nice photos. Can anyone tell me what that round green thing with the
letter L means, it’s on the front of one of the Volvos shown :question:

remy:
Nice photos. Can anyone tell me what that round green thing with the
letter L means, it’s on the front of one of the Volvos shown :question:

It stand for Larmschutz (sp) and means it meets certain low noise requirements for Austria allowing it to drive during some of the Austrian restrictions. The truck in the picture is Turkish so would travel through Austria frequently.

KW:
Manchetts Recovery? Is that the same as in Manchetts Transport,came from out near Ely/Cambridge area?
They closed down a couple of years ago I beleive after the old man died.
Always used to see one of their drivers (can’t remember his name,but was always moaning about his missus or his Austin Montego) on the Ipswich North Sea Ferries.

KW: have a look here.

http://www.manchetts.co.uk/About/CompanyHistory.htm

When I worked for an Italian firm we transited Austria all the time. We had the L on the front to prove that the truck conformed to Austrian enviromental laws. It came with a book of credits. When you ran out of credits you had to wait until the next allocation before you could transit again. I seem to remember that if you went thru at midnight itwas less credits & so on. It was so complicated we used to have to get an agent ,everytime, to fill in the forms to make sure we didn’t lose any points etc. Really glad I’m not doing it now ,messing around on the Brenner in ice & snow in the middle of the night. :laughing:
And why are Austrian border guards all Six foot six…?

harry:
When I worked for an Italian firm we transited Austria all the time. We had the L on the front to prove that the truck conformed to Austrian enviromental laws.

The ‘L’ only signifies low noise harry, the ‘S’ symbol signifies low emissions.

Coffeholic / Harry
thanks for info on the L :smiley:

Charles