Volvo f88

Hi all.

My Dad has finally decided it’s time to crack on with the restoration of our F88. Ideally were looking to source a replacement cab if anyone can help? Are there an repair panels available?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks all

Rhys

Looks like a great project! Good luck with your search for parts quite a few now on various web sites.

I hope at least one of you are welding experts?! :wink:

Hi, if you’re on Facebook there’s a chap called Dave Lythgoe Restorations who might be able to help

Hy Rhys
Hope you are going to add photos during and on completion of this restoration.As Steelboyf10 says it looks like a great project and its also nice to hear of another lorry from the past being saved,good luck.
John

Pretty handy with a welder, although I’ve never tackled quite as big a job as this!
Will keep the pictures coming

Best of Luck with the project. I had one just like that. 290 16 speed. Wish I still had it!! Here is a link for Leo Bol in NL . He is a great man to source parts and a good guy too. He has a lot of parts in stock for F88 F89s. Keep photos coming :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

leobol.nl/product-categorie/onde … len-volvo/

Best of luck with the restoration. They were the finest looking motor on the road and even now are easier to look at than the current crop.
I was a welding foreman and know MIG and Synergic welding inside out - PM me if you ever need advice or indeed help. I live near Diss.
Looking forward to photos of your progress. Jim.

If its any interest - and depending on your budget etc…,there are quite a few rust free F88 / Scania 0 & 1 series cabs available here in Australia. Like I said it depends on your budget, but for instance - 2 or 3 cabs would fit in a 20’ container if the demand is there. Food for thought…

Tosh Fowler:
Hi all.

My Dad has finally decided it’s time to crack on with the restoration of our F88. Ideally were looking to source a replacement cab if anyone can help? Are there an repair panels available?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks all

Rhys

Hey, If you are interested, lots of parts are avialable in the Nederlands at restorers shops as BOL, but all very pricey.
If you have the possibility, in the south of France or scandinavia are still lots to find.
Or contact Davidoff here on the net, he knows a lot about.
Have a nice to do, good luck.

Eric,