Urgent Help needed

i am sat at stafford services and need help in priming a thermo king fridge unit. it was running when i left the yard at about 8 and there is fuel in teh tank but it isnt running now and wont start. there is loads of charge in the batteries as it turns over very well, it just wont spring to life.

the temp is meant to be +1 but its sat at +10 at the moment.

any help or tips appreciated. i have rung my boss and he is trying to get the breakdown people out for it but if i can get it going i can get to glasgow for my tip time tomorrow!

cheers people

Lee G

Its ■■■■■■■ down, the fitters been called, pay the parking charges and get your head down, (Magic Eye) Glasgow will still be there if you are late, and the load will be at the right temp when you get there, paid for sleeping, enjoy one of the rare and few perks of the job.

thats what you think. been trying to ring the boss back for an hour now, no answer. so have driven to lymm, just called the fitters myself and surprise surprise no call logged.

the call is logged now so i hope it costs them a wedge!

tacho on break,

duvet unrolled,

£11 paid.

night night everyone!

Glad to know your more chilled than the load.
hope youv’e plenty of Motto food vouchers,

Glad to see your dedicated to your job.
a lot of drivers would have phoned there boss and that would be that.
You have phoned the boss, Placed a thread ont tinternet, And phoned the mechanic yourself.

And you want advice■■? “OK heres my advice, Keep going the way you are”
You can’t be expected to do anymore, But you’re willing to try, that’s what matters.

£11.00 for what?

Did you get it sorted in the end Gibsla?
Dedicated man you are :wink:

Alex

prime example of a true truck driver me thinks, not just a wheel attendant

this post may p**s off some people on here but its the truth some are more interested in getting to a job getting back to the yard and going home than making sure the load gets to where it needs to in the same state it left the yard/collected in. need more drivers that care about the job as i know that some who work with me would have just driven and not worried about the rising temp of the load.

Giblsa:
i am sat at stafford services and need help in priming a thermo king fridge unit. it was running when i left the yard at about 8 and there is fuel in teh tank but it isnt running now and wont start. there is loads of charge in the batteries as it turns over very well, it just wont spring to life.

the temp is meant to be +1 but its sat at +10 at the moment.

any help or tips appreciated. i have rung my boss and he is trying to get the breakdown people out for it but if i can get it going i can get to glasgow for my tip time tomorrow!

cheers people

Lee G

To prime a fridge mate you will require a selection of spanners and dropping the trailer so that you can open the engine covers, all in all i would agree with the others head down and wait for the engineer. Unless you have run the diesel dry the only other reason for needing to bleed the system is if one of the pipes is damaged and is sucking in air. Leave it to ThermoKing matey

I presume it is fixed by now, but were there not any fault codes displayed?

It is unusual for it not to start when fault codes are absent unless, of course, someone has switch it to ‘Electric’ to ■■■■ you off.

For ‘bleeding’ you need a 10mm open ended spanner and a piece of rag.

It’s probably easier to demonstrate than to explain. :blush:

The way I do it (and there may be others :laughing: )

Open the covers and identify the hand primer. Twist the knurled end to the left to release the plunger.

Identify an accessible union between the pump and (close to) the injector assembly, and loosen.

Manually pump until fuel appears/sprays (hence the rag. :wink: )

Switch engine to ‘Run’ and continue to pump as it starts.

When running smoothly, tighten union and re-house primer piston.

Carriers are slightly different in that they have a thumbscrew to allow bleeding through a pin-hole, but as the pin-hole is invariably blocked, :unamused: a spanner is still required as above.

I am sorry I didnt read this last night !

you could off slackened injectors or fuel filter and pressurised the the system by using an air line that would have cured it !!!

DABenji:
prime example of a true truck driver me thinks, not just a wheel attendant

this post may p**s off some people on here but its the truth some are more interested in getting to a job getting back to the yard and going home than making sure the load gets to where it needs to in the same state it left the yard/collected in. need more drivers that care about the job as i know that some who work with me would have just driven and not worried about the rising temp of the load.

I agree! Well put.

P.S. Hope you got sorted Lee.

i didi get sorted in the end.

fitter turned up about 0300 and was still there at 0500 so i guess a ring spanner and a spanner holding it (me :laughing: )wouldnt have fixed it on thier own.

the fuel line was blocked solid so he had to strip the lot and blow it all through, in teh end it was about 2 foot of pipe at the engine end. and it was ■■■■■■■ down but he was happy on £22 an hour.

cheers for teh compliments fella’s, i like to do a job right if i can!!!

Limeyphil, £11 for parking!
:laughing: :laughing:
quite cheap i thought!

How did yiu get on in Glasgow where did you tip

Gibsla, Get some bolt cutters. :laughing:
£11.00 for parking. No way.

willie_mac:
How did yiu get on in Glasgow where did you tip

at chilli express on Belshill Industrial Estate.

should have been there for 5 but finally found it at about half six. it was tucked inround the back behind some offices, opposite scot salmon.

i was delayed for 30 minutes when a Nissan cabstar was pulling a trailer with a brand new cherry picker on it overturned the trailer about 15 cars in front, everyone was just driving round him and as he was covering all three lanes decided to stop and try to divert the traffic, pulled up in middle lane and called the police then got out and started waving everyone on to the hard shoulder, got a “good thinking” and “well done for doing that” from Plod and the wombles when they turned up. thought it was easier to see an artic parked up than a trailer on its side still attached to a cabstar, plus if they hit a fully loaded artic not going to do as much carnage (unless its another artic), as soon as they clarified no one was hurt and i wasnt involved they stopped the traffic and let me on my merry way

driving back down stopped at penrith truck stop, its free on a saturday night, but thats because the amenities are all closed! not good when your bursting for a pee, but plenty of parked wagons to pee behind! :laughing: :laughing: