Fridge mistake...

So. When I started with this firm 2.5 weeks ago I asked about the fuel for the fridge as there was only white in the yard. I was told they run their fridges on white (!!!) And it came off the main tank. Well, now I think about it I asked and they confirmed but didn’t emphatically say so.

This morning the fridge went quiet and after a while gave “startfail” as the reason.

Duty manager didn’t answer his phone and heard clicking under skirt next to the two tanks, so thinking it was better to try something than nothing I stuck £10 of derv into that second ‘unused’ tank.

Engine cranked a while but finally it fired up and has been running the last half hour solid to get the temp back down to -3.

Already had my first drop and temp went from +1 to +8 when the doors were open so glad that’s sorted, but I shall no doubt have some explaining to do when I get back to base. Still expect to get my Tenner back :smiley:

I thought my questions were enough but it seems it wasn’t, although perhaps they could have clarified or something. Hmm. What do you think?

Seems the 3 other fridge trucks use one tank for fridge and truck but mine uses two :frowning:

Got the tenner back though and finished 10am, which wasn’t too bad. Lesson learned I guess. :astonished:

Ours use ‘Gas Oil’ apparently!

You over came a problem so whats there to worry about.

Although any firm using white diesel in fridges would be a worry to me. :open_mouth:

Sam Millar:
Ours use ‘Gas Oil’ apparently!

Yeah, which is another name for ‘red diesel’ :wink:

To be fair I had already woken up the manager at 1am when the sodding electric security gate wouldn’t shut. Rang security and they pointed out it wasn’t their responsibility after taking my details, useless muppets. They did ring the site supervisor who happened to be next door and came out for a prod. Seems a moth was plonked on the IR sensor. She was kinda laid back about the whole thing and said she’d stick a camera on and probably actually get out and do some exercise patrolling it with her 2 GSDs later :wink:

Then when the fridge died and a customer failed to pay a bill (having already once been told to go back for payment which I’d forgot to collected and told off over) I rang the same boss again and when he didn’t answer, sent a text.

For the last couple of weeks half the days have had me back at the yard with no where to park up so I’ve locked it up and handed over paperwork and they’ve shifted it in and fuelled it up, so clearly they’ve been doing both tanks and I’ve just been using up the capacity over several days and then they fill it again and, well, it’s taken near 3 weeks to reach the breakdown point!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sounds like the other three are frigalock which run off the one tank and they are pain as you have to turn fridge off to start up veh as something to do with they are run by a cambelt and puts strain on it if you start up the veh whilst its switched on ,much prefer running with gas oil tank on multidrop !

jx