Rang the boss at 5am

…to report fridge running but not getting the load cold (or anywhere near the -15 it should be).

Was told to carry on! Can get on the back without a fleece or coat, and no white cloud rolls out as it should! Personally I think that’s unacceptable as I’m delivering food products…

But I’m only the driver…

If they (end customer) probe and reject it than so be it but otherwise don’t say anything, was told :frowning:

Decidedly unimpressed with this company’s attitude!

How do you know it wasn’t on defrost?

Most of these loads can survive X amount of hours without being chilled.

Started the run at 2am, after 3 hours of it not actually managing to drop down to the negative AT ALL I then rang the boss.

Back at the yard in the afternoon I found out it had a fault but the loads had to be delivered…

So. It sat in the lorry for at least 12 hours before my run where the temperature rose from the load temp of (normally) about -20 to a delivery temp of +10’c.

As instructed the diesel fridge ran all day trying to get down but it wasn’t to be, It did maintain a nice 10’c though. When I switched it off, it rose by 3 degrees in an hour.

Also. When defrosting, it does say ‘DFRST’ on the display panel, for those fans of Countdown that can read without vowels :wink:

Personally I would of suggested a callout from carrier or thermoking, and if your request was denied, log the call and carry on, then you have done everything you can as driver

Indeed. At the time I wasn’t sure what the problem was but just being told to carry on was not what I expected. Later on in the day after several other calls I was told an engineer would look at on my return to the depot. At one point I did mention getting a local engineer out and was told it wasn’t necessary and it was only a few degrees… Hmm.

It’s my last week with this place, and chances are I won’t return. I’ve also managed to pick up a chest infection working at this place too :frowning: Still. Still alive. For now… (thanks as well to those nice docs and the antibiotics :smiley:)