Unusual sighting?

Last night I saw an Italian truck on the M1, with a Double Decker trailer :open_mouth: Now this seemed very strange to me, thought Euros were 14’9 max or something ? this had to be atleast 15’5 -15’9. Anyone any idea or am I just being stupid ? :stuck_out_tongue:

AFAIK there is no height limit in France as well… So maybe he does France-Uk and back?

hello mate i think you probably saw one of the eurotrama uk units out of rainham essex,pulling a uk parcel trunking trailer- pall-ex? i used to do tilt work- italy/swiss for them(when english lads could still get around a bit) ,and got the shock of my life when a few months ago i saw my old 460 scani 144 flat-top (got a big no.61on the sleeper side)pulling one of those monstrosities i can tell you ! :open_mouth: i would guess that our eastern european’friends’ have now made any uk-euro operations totally un-economic for anyone trying to pay a decent wage… oh well >good old ‘progress’ again cheers lads dm61 (ex int.driver,now back int workshop))

oops sorry about the eastern thing orys didnt mean anything personal mate(got polish family meself on my mums side anyway!!–) :blush: just talking about the plain economics of the uk european road transport situation having been massively altered by the well documented ‘flood’ of latvian/lithuanian/bulgarian/estonian etc…etc… trucking co.s that was all i was getting at > > cheers mate all the best dm61

dm61:
oops sorry about the eastern thing orys didnt mean anything personal mate(got polish family meself on my mums side anyway!!–) :blush: just talking about the plain economics of the uk european road transport situation having been massively altered by the well documented ‘flood’ of latvian/lithuanian/bulgarian/estonian etc…etc… trucking co.s that was all i was getting at > > cheers mate all the best dm61

Oh, i have nothing against the facts. It’s a fact, the Eastern European companies are cheaper…

But it changes, the Polish driver can earn now much more than some years ago… I hope one day it will be about the same in the whole EU…

orys:

dm61:

Oh, i have nothing against the facts. It’s a fact, the Eastern European companies are cheaper…

But it changes, the Polish driver can earn now much more than some years ago… I hope one day it will be about the same in the whole EU…

I expect one day it will be the same all over the EU, unfortunatley then we will see Turkish drivers and companies taking over from the eastern europeans, undercutting everyone. and when the turks catch up, it will be the ukrainians … and on it goes. businesses will always go to the lowest bidder, there is no sentiment or national loyalty when it comes to the bottom line. There is a positive side to this, eventually we will be as well off going to live in Poland or estonia etc, to work driving back to the UK, and we can get away from the crap politicians we have in this country!

The height limit for Europe is 4m. There are some exceptions to this but the general rule is 4m. I have also seen a foreign reg low riding iveco pulling a double deck trailer a while back, looked very strange.