blimey lol

Sorry if this has been posted before, I found it interesting though;

It’s a shame they wont let this happen in the UK, they’ve got it in a few other countries within the EU and there’s lots of benefits…if everyone votes for David Cameron then the conservatives might allow these, seeing as they were the last government to increase the size of HGV’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Out of curiosity…do other EU countries have double deck trailers or is it just the UK?..the reason I ask is because I’ve not been to any other EU countries since I was about 13 and I’ve never seen a foreign double deck HGV in the UK.

I can see it now at an RDC.

How would the “No keys back till you’re empty” work. :laughing:

Especially if the RDC doesn’t allow trailer drops / swaps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Adam_Mc:
Out of curiosity…do other EU countries have double deck trailers or is it just the UK?..the reason I ask is because I’ve not been to any other EU countries since I was about 13 and I’ve never seen a foreign double deck HGV in the UK.

Bridges in the UK are a lot higher than in Europe, the standard height of a bridge in the UK on a motorway as I thought was 17 foot. In Europe they are around 3 foot smaller. Most Euro trailers are 4metres high.

There have been other posts about this, I think Krankee from here had a drive in it and wrote an article on it, I can’t remember if the article was posted here or if it was in Truck and Driver but I’m sure someone will be able point you in the right direction.

Adam_Mc,
yes they do have twin level trailers ,that can take a total
of 68 pallets, and they are 4.00m high only,done by useing
smaller tyres to keep the height down, lots of firms have such trailers.