x

x

It seems things may be better this year as Subway are creating 7000 new jobs. That is a new shiny caravan in every layby :laughing:

peter mill:
…And why do UK trucks have UK and European written on the vehicles,to advertise that they operate in the UK and Europe,when the UK is in Europe,and one union member,in trade and commerce,not two different places,apart from that bit of water,the English channel,that separate the UK.

Well Mr Mill, THIS is the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland and hopefully always will be…whilst “across the water” is Europe, the continent of Europe, Mainland Europe, Western Europe leading to Eastern, Southern and Northern Europe, what ever you want to call it, but it is a seperate place!!!

They are two seperate places, unattached geographicaly, no common language or currency with a myriad of different national characteristics.

So British / Uk (as opposed to say, Nigerian!!)hauliers who operate in both domains like to advertise the fact!!

Does this help with your question??

Are you the same Peter Mill who wanted the British Drivers to drive Eastern European registered trucks for £900 per week!!?..how did you get on?? Mind telling us? :wink:

you make it sound as if every European eatery provides haute cuisine
most foreign truckstops are ok some are not
even in Euroland its possisble to eat in a burger van to varying degrees of adequecy

hitch:
you make it sound as if every European eatery provides haute cuisine
most foreign truckstops are ok some are not
even in Euroland its possisble to eat in a burger van to varying degrees of adequecy

Quite correct, even in this one on the N44 near Laon do the local milk tanker drivers wear Hiviz :laughing:

The bloke behind the counter went off into the trees for a wazz while he cooked my chips and then made me a Brie butty :neutral_face:

Used to be a simular van in one of the ZI in Seclin,

Ste164580:

It is an ex ice cream van, except now he does “le hot dog” avec frites. But the best thing, he does Ricard, Kir and Vin wiv your chips :laughing:

Why has this thread become E?

Hmmmm, strange post, thank god Bullitt quoted Mr Mill, otherwise I’d swear I was going mad. I assume that this thread was started by the ubiquitous Peter (send me your bank details and I’ll give you a job) Mill?

Wheel Nut:

Ste164580:

It is an ex ice cream van, except now he does “le hot dog” avec frites. But the best thing, he does Ricard, Kir and Vin wiv your chips :laughing:

Why has this thread become E?

must have changed as i think it was a caravan with 2 women running it used to always get sandwich jambon fromage et frites (a baguette with ham cheese and chips in it) if i remember right there is a name for it was well over 12 months ago i was last there

I used to stop at a frifterie, just south of Riems on N44.

A sandwich, chips and a drink.

cost about 6 euro, there was that much you couldn’t eat it all.

It’s called Chez Robert, it’s in a very large laybye near a sugarbeat proccessing plant.

There used to be a god Butty Van round the back of FrigoScanida in Trappes going back a few years… DOnt know if its still there but it was pretty ■■■■ good

As you come through Rouen , There is a good one , about 800metres north of the concrete cows roundabout, Poulet ,ouef and salard ,lovely, misarable cow in van though

I hope none of you chaps are availing yourself of the services of the “other vans” they normally have some meat in them :smiley:

I saw a couple last week with romantic candles, either that or they were trying to keep warm :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I hope none of you chaps are availing yourself of the services of the “other vans” they normally have some meat in them :smiley:

I saw a couple last week with romantic candles, either that or they were trying to keep warm :wink:

They should try wrapping up warm, then. They look starved stiff, as me old granny used to say. :laughing:

There’s a “certain lay by” on the B1 between Paderborn and Horn-Bad Meinberg where “ladies of the day” congregate.
Went past on Thursday and there were 6 vans there.
Must be some sort of record!

Inselaffe:

Wheel Nut:

They should try wrapping up warm, then. They look starved stiff, as me old granny used to say. :laughing:

There’s a “certain lay by” on the B1 between Paderborn and Horn-Bad Meinberg where “ladies of the day” congregate.
Went past on Thursday and there were 6 vans there.
Must be some sort of record!

There’s another big lay-by on the B4 between Gifhorn and Braunschweig where there’s usually 5 or 6 camper vans displaying frilly undies.
Let’s face it,they are everywhere.

There’s a huge brothel right outside the Stena terminal in Kiel,it’s on three or four floors,a very entertaining hour’s walk around.
(Ahem!,or so I’m told…)

that speed camera van, won’t catch many, parked like that :smiley:

chris:

that speed camera van, won’t catch many, parked like that :smiley:

Its a heath camera, just checks the speed of Bacon buttie eating. You have to be careful or its a £60 fine and 3 points on your menu.