Where are you?

This is my first post on the forum and although I’m not a truck driver I work all over Europe as a press fitter and tend to drive to the various sites. Whats really struck me over the last few years is that once away from the channel ports I hardly ever see any Brit registered trucks. Even on short hops to NL or D. I recently went to Brindisi, Italy - the furthest south I saw a GB truck was Milan.
Same when in Spain or Portugal.

I know that since the ‘opening up’ of the EU lots of companies are under increased threat and budget restraints but you guys are being hit for six. There’s alot of people (non truck drivers) who are concerned about the state of our transport industry, especially the P,LT and EST trucks on our roads.

Keep up the good work! :open_mouth:

Carefull you will have the PC idiots calling you a racist,last week in spain I saw 1 brit regd truck[removal van] out of god knows how many trucks,most where from east of germany and they out numbered the spanish trucks............LTs PLs SLs etc,free market ■■■■■■■■.

froggy:
Carefull you will have the PC idiots calling you a racist,.

I am most certainly not PC and I am certainly not an idiot!!!
Just because I stick for the Eastern Europeans against the UK based drivers on this forum doesn’t make me either of those!!

Please withdraw that remark

No I will not change one word of it,and if you want to identify with anything in my posts,please feel free,after all the truth cannot be wrong.

?I have made a mistake is this not the place for me?. Froggy you are saying these things but it is a whispered way of racisme?

I look at you froggy on you letters here. I am going away now.

Good luck all the good peoples here and I saw you making to discuss all this with froggy in the other letters here.

My observations were based on fact, not any form of racism. Sorry if this has upset anybody. By the way am in Italy again looking for a GB truck, any one out there? :stuck_out_tongue:

froggy:
No I will not change one word of it,and if you want to identify with anything in my posts,please feel free,after all the truth cannot be wrong.

Just a minute■■? Aren’t you British■■? LIVING AND EARNING A LIVING IN FRANCE■■?
So whats the difference between you and an Eastern European■■? SWEET FA!!!
The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind here.

Makitaman, it was nothing you have said but I am fed up to the eyeballs with some of the xenophobic comments about the eastern Europeans that get made on this SITE every blinking week

Bear you may not like it but,I for one do not care what makes you "fed up"like you say I drive in france and spain,and in a much better position to see what is going on than you,like others on here I cross over on the ferries now and then and certainly see who is on the boat,one birt regd out of a boat full of trucks,its true now get used to it and stop all the xenophobic crap, uk trucking is losing out big time(and the spain and the french and the dutch and the germans etc)to cheap labour and fuel.

Maybe so, Froggy. amazing how many ragsiders you see heading into Spain on a Saturday afternoon thro Irun that have CZ etc on them… **but you are a Brit earning a living in another country so whats the difference between you and a EE??**The only way it will stop is to bring back cabotage and that ain’t gonna happen thanks to the EU.

So if you want to make this thread live up to the title,ie where are you you are doing a good job.Myself I an not an economic migrant,and took a drop in income,so my friend that is were your feeble attempt at a comparison is failing.

Wasting my ■■■■■■■ breath on you

i do the same as our ee cousins in the fact that i earn my wage from ireland but i have to agree with froggy in the fact that they are screwing the job ie they work for a lot less than me or an irish driver and whats gonna happen when they’ve made there money and scuttled off back to the caves in poland who’s gonna do the job then??i hate to be argumentitive but it time to smell the coffee my friend

lets calm it down a little lads :wink:

jon

Them and Us again? :astonished:

Wait till Turkey gets into the EU and comes and takes over all your kebab shops :stuck_out_tongue: and then the Romanians will bring their main transport companies over and take the work off our seaside donkeys

froggy:
Myself I an not an economic migrant,and took a drop in income,so my friend that is were your feeble attempt at a comparison is failing.

Economic migration is about a rise in utility not only money. If you prefer it to working at home, or indeed if you have no work at home, then you are most definately an economic migrant. An East European working for his local company in his home town is not an economic migrant even if that work takes him to a foreign country.

However the EU is about free flowing labour and capital and in order for long run equality economic migration between member states needs to occur otherwise the richer states will be forever paying for the poorer.

So there.

froggy:
Myself I an not an economic migrant,and took a drop in income.

Sorry to break it to you but you are, the actual amount of income is not the only measure.

I myself am an economic migrant to a foreign country, have been for 27 years as of the 19th of Feburary just gone, and have no problem with that ‘status’ and would think I was being as hypocritical as it is possible to be to criticise others for doing what I have done.

can i just ask if theres alot of polish czeck, lith, lat, est, in a forign country doesnt that just mean that there economy /manufactureing base is exporting the reason theres not so many brits across the water is due to the fact that this country builds bugger all for export anymore.and if there in a truck registered to there country whats the problem it aint like there nicking drivers jobs from under our noses .and just cuz they charge less why does it make em worse than any uk based company that goes across the water.just cuz we charge more dont make us any better.when will folk realise that forign hauliars can do the job cheaper cuz they aint got the overheads a uk company has dont blame the forigners.theyre just working like everybody else.the cost of living is cheaper in these countries its simple economics im afraid

How true simple econmics,Driver A cost 50% less than driver B,fuel cost less in the country of driver B, than driver, A where does the most profit come from??Me,I want out of the EU and all it`s crap about how long I can work or what I could earn,and will say so.

what i want to know is who the hell is this maria? :laughing: :laughing: