UK radio ?

Ok, so as most of you know I live in the USA but I really hate American radio stations, the ones up in the northern areas that I live and deliver to are so boring with dull presenters and DJ’s, not that you could really call them DJ’s a they talk in boring drools and have no idea how to entertain the people. The others down in the cities like NYC are a bit more lively but have constant commercials so it’s 2 records followed by 10 minutes of ads, 2 more records and another 10 minutes of ads, so I retune to another similar station or a religious nutter who thinks the rapture is about to happen any day now. The only place in the northern American continent is in Toronto Canada where I have found a great station that has a commercial after about 10 records.
My only sanity saving is that I can use the ‘Tune In’ app on my android phone which is constantly connected to the AUX socket on my truck radio, luckily I have unlimited data and I listen to Heart FM Norhamptonshire, Radio 2 for Ken Bruce, radio 4 for the Archers and the PM show and radio 4 extra for some comedy etc. Heart FM until recently had Stuart and Katie on the breakfast show, I found these quite entertaining but it seems they have vanished and been replaced by Ivan and Emma who are as dull as matt paint FFS, I was reduced to changing channels this morning and listening to that ■■■■■■ Chris Evans because they were driving me up the wall.
What other decent stations are there I could tune to for entertainment ? Since living here I have lost track, good suggestions welcome.

Depends on if you can put up with the other Chris…Moyles that is on radio X. Planet rock I think is also on the internet I believe.

Pat Hasler:
radio 4 for the Archers

That Matt Crawford…

He’s up to his old tricks again.

Hi Pat…HEART FM is quite good…or relive your past with Radio Caroline…lol

yourhavingalarf:

Pat Hasler:
radio 4 for the Archers

That Matt Crawford…

He needs shooting, but what has happened to the Archers ? The other day it ended with two puffs talking about adopting a baby FFS.

truckyboy:
Hi Pat…HEART FM is quite good…or relive your past with Radio Caroline…lol

As I said I like Heart but those two new people on the morning breakfast show are annoying :angry:

Jack radio Oxford area is good fun.

Just realised don’t think i’ve even switched the radio on for probably over a month now, and don’t miss it one bit.

Pat Hasler:

yourhavingalarf:

Pat Hasler:
radio 4 for the Archers

That Matt Crawford…

He needs shooting, but what has happened to the Archers ? The other day it ended with two puffs talking about adopting a baby FFS.

I listen to R4 a lot, but gave up on The Archers years back. I can`t remember what particular straw broke that back, but it seemed I was struggling along with a huge hay rick, so dumped that!
R4 . . R4 Extra, all good.

happy to stick with radio 2 06.30 till 1400 can take or leave “wrighty” except on a friday and his serious jokin bollocs thank god for radio 5 film reviews or as today a gentle afternoon listening to TMS live from Lords shame this is "Blowers " last ever comentery

radio 2 for me,nothing I like better than hearing vanessa feltz go on and on and on,steve wright in the afternoon,love it when he keeps interrupting my favourite songs or extracts the urine out of them,other staions inc sam fm Wiltshire,keeping on and on about this bloody six o clock cru [he spells it that way]then adverts for about 5 min,switch to another station,more talk,more adverts,then maybe, just maybe, they might put a song on and surprise me,when I got my new wagon I thought sod it put a CD on,what do I find, a basic radio,no CD player,so i’m stuck with just a bloody radio,went around it the long way but in answer to your post no station in the uk is any good.

Thanks for the tips, I had forgotten about radio 5. I also have loads of CD’s but I can’t remember the last time I played one.

Rick Jackson and Kate Weston are pretty good on Wave 105 morning show.

Smoothextra and Heart80’s I find quite good, yes they have commercials but only sporadically.

If you like current affairs,politics etc; try LBC.
Not as politically correct as most stations,with a decent mix of left/right presenters,including Trump’s mate Nigel Farage :wink:

Union Jack and LBC

Pat Hasler:
Ok, so as most of you know I live in the USA but I really hate American radio stations, the ones up in the northern areas that I live and deliver to are so boring with dull presenters and DJ’s, not that you could really call them DJ’s a they talk in boring drools and have no idea how to entertain the people. The others down in the cities like NYC are a bit more lively but have constant commercials so it’s 2 records followed by 10 minutes of ads, 2 more records and another 10 minutes of ads, so I retune to another similar station or a religious nutter who thinks the rapture is about to happen any day now. The only place in the northern American continent is in Toronto Canada where I have found a great station that has a commercial after about 10 records.
My only sanity saving is that I can use the ‘Tune In’ app on my android phone which is constantly connected to the AUX socket on my truck radio, luckily I have unlimited data and I listen to Heart FM Norhamptonshire, Radio 2 for Ken Bruce, radio 4 for the Archers and the PM show and radio 4 extra for some comedy etc. Heart FM until recently had Stuart and Katie on the breakfast show, I found these quite entertaining but it seems they have vanished and been replaced by Ivan and Emma who are as dull as matt paint FFS, I was reduced to changing channels this morning and listening to that ■■■■■■ Chris Evans because they were driving me up the wall.
What other decent stations are there I could tune to for entertainment ? Since living here I have lost track, good suggestions welcome.

Good afternoon/ evening Pat.

In the UK, For me, radio is either BB Cream Manchester , which is a great listen for anyone from the area. Or as you said yourself, radio 4. Planet rock and LBC are worth a listen too.

But I want to highlight something for you. About 4 years ago, ( maybe a tad longer) I discovered (via tune in app) a great oldies station which takes in Philadelphia, called WVLT Vineland. It broadcasts in its own area on FM and was available online until a couple of years ago. The station suddenly geo blocked it’s internet stream outside of the US.
My point to you is check it out. That is assuming you like American 1950,s and 60’s music.
But, yes, agreat listen.

I actually heard a great stack of oldies music from this station, which is no longer heard here in the UK.

Hope you find this helpful Pat.

Butcher:

Pat Hasler:

In the UK, For me, radio is either BB Cream Manchester , which is a great listen for anyone from the area. Or as you said yourself, radio 4. Planet rock and LBC are worth a listen too.

But I want to highlight something for you. About 4 years ago, ( maybe a tad longer) I discovered (via tune in app) a great oldies station which takes in Philadelphia, called WVLT Vineland. It broadcasts in its own area on FM and was available online until a couple of years ago. The station suddenly geo blocked it’s internet stream outside of the US.
My point to you is check it out. That is assuming you like American 1950,s and 60’s music.
But, yes, agreat listen.

I actually heard a great stack of oldies music from this station, which is no longer heard here in the UK.

Apologies for predictive text ■■■■ up!

Should read BBC Radio Manchester !

Butcher:
[quations are there I could tune to for entertainment ? Since living here I have lost track, good suggestions welcome.

But, yes, agreat listen.

[/quote]
Apologies for predictive text ■■■■ up!

Should read BBC Radio Manchester !
[/quote]
Well do you think Dipper won`t make something out of B B Cream now?

Try bbc 3 counties , beds , herts and bucks.
Tony

XFM Manchester is a decent station available on the Tune In app