radio

reckon I will start carrying CDs in my wagon now,for the last 2 days I have been driving in silence,the amount of talking from radio presenters is unreal,one was commenting on what a celebrity has in his fridge,for the next few minutes he kept on and on about wanting to know what was in this guys fridge,then there is wrighty on radio2 keep interrupting songs,feltz keeps on and on,god help us if she has a woman caller,you might as well forget music for about ten min,sarah cox does nothing but talk,the worst part is if you E mail the stations to complain it goes in one ear and out the other or if you get a reply they basically tell you where to go in a nice way

I recently switched to 5 live,what with all the politicking recently,and I quite like it,despite not being a left wing,Jeremy loving commie :laughing:
Good traffic reports too.
When it gets boring,I mute it,and start singing to myself,my current favourite is “All I want is a room somewhere” from My Fair Lady,I know most of the words now :blush:
Unfortunately,this out of tune bellowing is often mistakenly construed as road rage…and I have been threatened on several occasions :open_mouth:

+1…

It’s pants… Whilst I like the ‘free radio’ local stations, I hate adverts breaks which go on longer than my reverse…

Radio one is just utter tripe - not the music (although some is very dodgy)…just the ■■■■■ coming from the overpaied button monkeys.

Radio two is good until Steve Wright.

Absolute is ruined by ads too…

Clssic FM is ok, if you’re in the mood…

:unamused:

I rarely have the radio on, although local BBC radio can be so bad it’s hilarious. An od around here likes to ring up Radio Oxford and advise on such diverse subjects as politics, military matters and the environment. The last one is quite apt because he was fined last year for flytipping waste fines at a farm, booking it as topsoil. He admitted on air it was all down to a “paperwork error.” :laughing:

I prefer agood old ■■■■ dvd

Get yourself a cheap smartphone

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= … sacat=9355 these are good or their are cheaper ones get a decent data contract around 10GB a month download any of the free radio apps, tunein radio I prefer and off you go.

Never have to listen to the crap again.

As most of you know, I live in the USA and find the radio stations here. Compared to the BBC ad even Heart FM they are terrible. If I am further south and near a major city they are nothing but commercials after every 2 tracks or utter ■■■■■■■■, around the north where I mostly run the DJ’s / Presenters are boring and drab, they seem to have no idea what entertainment is about and talk in monotonous drone like voices… So I have the biggest data package my phone company supplies and listen to BBC radio 4 or 2, Heart FM Northamptonshire or Boom 97.3 Toronto which is pretty good, all through the ‘tune in’ app which is plugged into the ‘AUX’ so I have full English radio in surround sound. Some day’s I totally forget that I am driving in the USA.
I suggest you download the app and find any radio station on earth.

mike68:

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= … sacat=9355 these are good or their are cheaper ones get a decent data contract around 10GB a month download any of the free radio apps, tunein radio I prefer and off you go.

+1
But try to avoid the 24/7 Beijing traffic radio station complete with irate callers… :blush:

Sumsmeister:

mike68:

+1
But try to avoid the 24/7 Beijing traffic radio station complete with irate callers… :blush:

:laughing:

Bbc radio 2 is getting bad , when I’m in Hampshire I listen to the local Wave 105 as its a bit better and the right traffic for the area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

radio north 846 medium wave…so terrible its great…and not available on tinternet. imagine doing your own radio sation from your garden shed…total class…the owner des all the voices for every advert…no matter what company advertises on it,then they are down the tubes within a year…now also on tinterweb… radionorth.net/

5live in the morning, then change over to radio 4 for the afternoon.

Usually I try and plan my afternoon around the archers and the 2:15 afternoon drama/comedy/mystery.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

mike68:

Off topic!
Has anyone got one of these xiomi smart phones(look at link)
Are they any good?
I need a new one.

Samsung j5 dual sim…better and cheaper…cubot x9 or x12…same story…perfect quality

shreck:

Proof if it was needed that you’re not just a troll but a winker aswell.

shreck:

Who buys DVDs? You can it all free online!