What Radio Station

OK what radio station do we all listen to.

Personnally have given up on Radio 2 and local radio now listen to Classic FM at work / home / car / truck.

Radio1 for me -a combination of Moyles in the morning and Mills in the afternoon works for me :smiley:

Radio1 for me, only cos i get coverage where i am normally.

Or, Radio2 on a saturday for Jonathon Ross.

Radio4. Because it gives a great insight into the way the media spins news stories by interviewing and quoting out of context. Its also interesting to appreciate how detatched from reality some people appear to be, airing their trivial concerns in their pushy middle class ways. Its also quite amusing to see how long it takes them to use the word ‘■■■■’ of ‘Holocaust’ in their daily output, and its all wrapped up in a ‘high camp’ presenting style. Its a bit lacking in music but whenever the Archers theme tune starts it gives me great opportunity to join in with my own descriptive lyrics :open_mouth:

When at home or on the PC I always, without fail, listen to “Planet Rock” on DAB.
It is the best station ever, a brilliant mix of old rock going into early 90’s rock/metal.
Absolutely none of this recent poncy stuff.

Only problem is I have yet to find a decent DAB adaptor for a car/truck stereo, any ideas anyone?!

Other than that its Moyles in the Morning, then CD’s until Edith in the afternoon on Radio 1.

Alex

Talk Radio or Talksport as it’s now known, if not it’s the CD player…

For me its radio 2 till jeremy whine comes on then its a quick retune to talksport for the last hour of Gaunty then uiback to radio 2 for steve wright in the afternoon

Moyles on Radio 1 till 10am then Talk Sport for the rest of the day.

A combination for me depending where I am and what time of day it is.

Roll back 20 odd years to the 80`s and when in Europe it was Radio Luxembourg!! The signal used to drop in and out all the time, if there was a thunderstorm going on within a thousand miles you would pick up the lighting interference :laughing:…and if you lost the signal then you had turn the dial (yes,TURN, the dial :open_mouth: remember having to do that!!) about half a micron to the left or right to get it back!!

I used to love it, being parked up in southern Europe at night in the summer months, sitting outside the truck with a few cold beers and listening to their live broadcasts from nightclubs in Monte-Carlo etc!!

Good times sadly now gone!!

Has anybody heard of Ceaser the Geezer■■? Used listen to him many moons ago, I think he was on one of the talk radio stations back in the early 90s. He was one of the original shock joks.
Listen to Radio 2 now, keeps the customers happy!!!
SMc

Deepinvet:
Has anybody heard of Ceaser the Geezer■■? Used listen to him many moons ago…

Used to listen to him when running down to Dover, Ramsgate etc in the evenings. He used to be on Radio Invicta…playing agony uncle to the Thanet Chavs!! :laughing:

It’s Radio 2 all the time for me.

OK…some days after 7pm it gets
a bit dodgy, but apart from that I enjoy all the progs for their variety.

The music really suits me, a healthy mix of old and new without the
headbanging teen rubbish. (showing my seniority :smiley: )

The only seriously BAD presenter is Elaine Paige (sp) at weekends, but
she’s easily avoided.

One of the best has got to be Alex Lester…one good reason to do the
early shift! (I’m a proud citizen of Boloxnia don’t you know) :slight_smile:

Radio Caroline R.I.P.

radio 4 Archers rule the airways
radio 5 live /talksport/worldservice/radio4LW and what ever else i can pick up while in europe
when in uk BBC. Radio 2,4&5

radio 5 radio 2 and of course radio 4 only when the cricket is on thou

Local radio (Real radio from 6-10am)
BBC Radio2 10am-5pm
CD-5pm-6pm
6pm local radio (clyde 1 football phone 4 in ) till park up time ! :laughing:

Radio two in the morning, might listen to Jeremy Vine depending what it’s about. In the afternoon Radio three or two or turn it off depending on the mood I’m in.

I listen to Radio One mostly, but I tend to flick through all my saved stations quite often…Radio 2, Radio 4, Radio Broadland, Radio Norwich and The Beach.

Its radio 2 for me apart from Jeremy whine.However do listen too him on a fri with that money saving expert and of course Terry from the allotment(priceless).Alex Lester is the best show ; :smiley: with me also having dual nationality ie.England and Boloxnia

Chris Moyles for Radio 1 breakfast show, followed by Ken Bruce on 2, then switch to local BBC radio for rest of the day. Used to listen to commercial radio but there’s only 1 station round here and it’s rubbish :open_mouth: