What Radio Station

Capital and Heart if I’m around the London area Radio 1 if I’m travelling up or down the country

Radio 2, apart from Jeremy Vine and Sarah Kennedy. I would usually opposed violence against women but I am prepared to make a massive exception in her case and feel she should be beaten with a steel pipe for about 90 minutes. I didn’t used to like Alex Lester but I do now, which is a bit worrying, he does play some good stuff though. Also Radio 5 Live.

What ever happened to mark and lard on radio 1. Now they were class.

I’ve gone off Radio 2 which until the past few months I have listened to all my life (as my mum had it on all day when I was a sprog)went to Radio1in my teens and early 20s then stuck rigidly to Radio 2 for the last 8-10 years much to the dismay of ex workmates.
But I still listen to Lester if Im up that early,bit of Sarah Kennedy then onto Moyles til 10 then Popmaster on 2 then my own music,sometimes jeremy Vine then onto Radio 1 Scott Mills til 7.
Desmond Carrington on a Tuesday and Radcliffe & Maconie most nights.
Do like a bit of Pete Tong when Im running down on a Friday,and am quite partial to Mo Dutta on 2 Saturday Mornings :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Mainly R4 with a mix of R1/R2 and Sheffield Live (new but promising local station)…

…or my own personal radio station, ie iPod with FM transmitter :slight_smile:

When I was working days in the van I used to be Radio 1 religiously as I was never around for long enough to bother tuning in to local stations and I’d hear something that caught my attention then lose reception and it wound me up. So Moyles in morning, skipped Jo Wiley (boring) and then Edith (better when she was with colin) and Scott Mills.

Now I work afternoon/night I don’t bother with radio 1 much anymore, listen to Vernon on sunday sometimes and Scott Mills if I get a chance. Mostly stick with Heart or BRMB as they play music I like but can be a bit repetitive, and Graham Torrington on the locals keeps me amused or infuriated late at night with all the planks phoning in to make fools of themselves.

Was listening to some good political comedy weds night regarding the american presidency campaign stuff, think that was Radio 4, had rory bremnar in I think.

I start my bike up at 4.40a.m. and turn on Alex Lester. 5 o’clock I’m at J13 and desperately trying to hit the am/fm button with gloved hands to miss Sarah Kennedy. Going south the am signal comes and goes but Nicky Campbell and Sheila Fogarty are good value and the signal gets stronger nearer that London.
If I’m in the workshop I listen to 5 Live or Planet Rock. Both have their down sides…Victoria thingy can send you up the wall with her “perceived” commonsense on transport matters and PR’s constant bloody Black Sabbath!!!
Simon Mayo’s afternoon show is good then It’s Chris Evans on the way home. Other than that it’s the i Pod set to shuffle…that does come up with some interesting stuff. :wink:
BTW does any body have recommendations for French channels or English channels in France?

Sorry no editing facilities on my reply. It should be 5.40 start and 6 o’clock J13…doh!

Moyles till 10

Five live till 12

Vine after that (but if it’s pompuss crap i’ll swap over to Five live again)

2pm Five live.

Then if i’m in the north west come 6 Century.

Worst on the radio

that moaning old hag on radio 2 between 6am and 12 midday (granted at some point they manage to change there woman tones to irish then scottish, but they are still boring as hell)

Vine Daily Mail need i say more!?!

That Steven Nolan i’m not sure if i like him or not, he seems bla bla and arrogent but i think i might be wrong.

kerrang at 22.00 tim marjerrson funny and some top guests,tim shaw was good but he has gone on to breakfast show its on 105.2fm i get it from j18 north on the m1 then up to keele on the m6
janice long,radio2. ffs can we not have some new blood in, same for alex leicester 15 years they have been on and I AM BORED TO DEATH.i could do them both in,for free.
galloway on talk sport on a friday makes me laugh,james whale needs wheeling away he just repeats himself.
city talk 105.9 fm just started up and finding its feet but its ok around 2/ 3 am its in the merseyside area i get it north on the m6 from j18 up to j33/34.
school days, century fm on a friday and club classics on heart on a friday night.
kill chris evans
coffeeholic while your beating sarah kennedy with that steel pipe do you think you could find time to give sally traffic a few whacks do’s my head in that woman.rattled on a bit there sorry just had me breakfast ready for me bed now

Spacemonkey. I agree 90% but Moyles is a loudmouthed, arrogant, ignorant t**t that shouldn’t be allowed within a hudred miles of a radio station. Especially Radio 1!!!
Use a name. Sally traffic has the sexiest voice on radio. She looks a bit worn, but hey, for a bloke well into his 50’s she looks pretty good to me.

use a name:
coffeeholic while your beating sarah kennedy with that steel pipe do you think you could find time to give sally traffic a few whacks do’s my head in that woman.

Mine too, I’ll add her to the list. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Moyles in the morning

Flick betweeen 1 & 2 to try to catch Sally’s reports but when I’m in the Midlands it’s gotta be Kerraang (Emma Scott is HOT)

I’m an old Punk at heart and it ain’t music unless it’s LOUD , HARD AND FAST :blush:

shade:
I’m an old Punk at heart and it ain’t music unless it’s LOUD , HARD AND FAST :blush:

I used to say the same thing about ■■■, until the knees went. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I don’t even use my knees anymore , just lie back and inspect the ceiling :wink:

bullitt:

Deepinvet:
Has anybody heard of Ceaser the Geezer■■? Used listen to him many moons ago…

Might be wrong, but got a feeling I heard that he died a couple of years back. I generally listen to R2, and tend to drive mostly at nights. Find Janice Long is good for keeping me awake, as I cant stand her gibberish chat, so spend most of her show shouting at the radio. Strangely, she never reads my texts out that I send her.

Moyles in the morning

skip Jo Wiley …unless i’ve forgotten my mp3 player, or truck doesn’t have an input for it. Then i’ll keep her on in background. (unless Collins is on talksport, then i’ll flick over to talksport, but it’s usually gaunt & he’s pretty annoying)

Edith/ Cox/ Mills in the afternoon are usually a laugh, i like all 3 of them :slight_smile:

Talksport in the evening (Whale/Collins)

CD’s up till about 8am, then radio 2 most of the day, although it depends on Jeremey Vines subject matter, if it’s boring i’ll switch to the CD again, and normally local radio after 6pm.

smile!:
then i’ll flick over to talksport, but it’s usually gaunt & he’s pretty annoying)
quote]

started to listen to talk sport quite a bit, but that [zb] jon gaunt really needs a [zb] big slap. i thought vine was bad but this blokes so far up his own arse hes coming out his mouth :smiling_imp: .

whilst that [zb] on i tune to a local station kerrang but since they cahnged the schedule round its gone down hill and can’t get used to tim shaw and kate lawler in the morning.emma scott o yer i know what you mean shade :sunglasses:

jon

It used to be Radio 1 mostly. But I now find Moyles tiresome after an hour or so. Comedy Dave is good, and I love the Brand New Cheesy Song. :laughing:

Lately it’s been Radio 2 most of the time. I love Alex Lester on the Best Time of the Day Show. It’s what gets me up out of bed in the mornings. I too, am a proud Boloxnian. :smiley: :wink:

Jezza Vine is my least favourite presenter, but I do like the topics covered on his show. When he’s on holiday I love it.

Ken Bruce is magic - love the Pop Master quiz. Did anyone catch that guy with a stutter. On Thursday IIRC. Respect to him for having the balls to go on there - I thought he did well.

As for Bowles and Boazman - where would I be without these two honeys?? I’ll tell you - stuck in a queue on the M6 most likely.

I met Sally over lunch at the finals of Scania YETD 2007 and she’s a lovely woman. I think if she’d have been twenty years younger she’d have had to watch out!