TV advice!

Just got a new TV for my truck and i thought i’d share some advice.

A 12V tv from Lymm Truckstop etc is stoopid money, up to £350 for a decent one.

Go to Comet/Currys etc and buy a £99 flatscreen instead! The secret is to have a look at the back and see how they are powered. MOST have a 240V input hard wired. SOME have an external adaptor making 12v and a plug. Get one ofthese and simply replace the cable with a fuse lighter plug one. SIMPLES! A 16" Freeview Nican 12V TV for £99.

Nice 1

I just run a USB TV card through my laptop, less to carry round, but sound advice :slight_smile:

Laptops are OK but i want a TV hard wired and installed properly so i dont have cables etc flapping about. But yeah freeview USB dongles are great!

Is the same sort of thing we got in our caravan but we got the 20" flat screen with dvd and freeview builtin…and good on battery power as well

That is a very good tip :bulb: :grimacing:

you will often find the same TVs as truck stops sell in shops like comet and Maplins but with a different brand names and about 50 or 60% less money. :open_mouth:
in my experience anything you buy in a truck stop can be found with considerable savings if you look elsewhere, like electrical shops, super markets, or even caravan shops.
The Internet is a good way to research whatever you want as well. :grimacing:

Good idea is that.
I bought 17" flat screen £120, £35 for a converter, still cheaper than any truckstop malarkey…!